You can tell it has been a couple of hard days when I don't have any pictures to post!! :( Yikes.
Poor Luke has just not been himself- lots of things really, but we seem to be making some progress today. When he grinned at me as I got him this morning, I knew it would be a better day! There are still some kinks, but overall he is doing better. His molars are kind of funny- the first 2 came in fairly quickly and there was quite a bit of pain, or so I deduced from his fussiness. However, molar #3 started ages ago and is only halfway through, meaning one side is all the way thru and the other side is still beneath very swollen gums. Evidently it is pushing a bit more through at the same time as #4. Today, #4 feels quite pokey (meaning it is through), so I think he's getting a break from the actual cutting part. Such a strange process. I still wonder if they really need 20 teeth?
Luke also has been standing a lot, which is very exciting to watch. Maybe he'll walk soon? :) I think he is frustrated with not being able to walk, and I know he is irritated with me- he babbles at me all day, so confident in what he is saying and I just don't always understand. You should see his look of triumph when I finally get it. He just giggles in relief...unless he still doesn't get what he wants...like a bath last night- "Ba! Ba! Ba! Ba!" I was like, "Do you know me, kid? We do not do extra baths, and it is not bath night." Very sad. I did tell him I would give him a bath if he walked to it. It was a no go. :)
We got to go to Kate's for play group this morning- I have been trying to walk more and she is very close- in fact, Angie walked over with the twins and we walked together. Very fun. :) Luke played a little, and did a lot of laying on the floor and putting his head down...yesterday he barely took naps, so maybe it's catching up with him? He even rested his head on my shoulder some, which is my favorite. Rebekah, on the other hand, was her usual bossy self. :) She and Lily are hilarious together and take turns being naughty. :)
Some new linguistic acquisitions-
I am just curious about whether I could catch the bus with this stick.
Did you not realize that I already had milk, Mom?
Mom- there were polkadotty things in the grass- little white circles, that look like eggs! What do you think they are? (I thought this was impressive circumlocution- they were split open nuts)
It's not working- how am I eeevvvveeerrrr gonna do this? It's driving me crazy! (Wow- that's all me- good thing I don't curse.)
Great conversation with Josh the other day: Somehow they started talking about theology- shocking. It was very funny, but I can't remember how it came up. Anyway, she told him, "Daddy, I don't like theology." He asked why. She replied, "Theology doesn't have any toys." Stifling a laugh, Josh told her that theology has a lot of toys- they're just for the mind instead of the hands. Josh might be the only one who will be able to keep up with her.
We have been borrowing Leap Frog "Letter Factory" b/c R has been somewhat interested in letters. However, it is Luke who watches it intently and repeats the phonetic sounds- perfectly! For example, he will say "buh" and "sssss" and "tuh" and "uh", etc....it has been very endearing. Rebekah just likes the scene where Tad gets sick. Go figure.
And the winner is….
9 years ago



6 comments:
Hope Luke is better each day and those old molars come on through all the way and stop hurting my boy! Bekah's conversations are too funny - love the theology discussions - she and Josh and Papa can have some meaningful discussions when you come home!! Much love to all of you.
Haha! Luke likes the Letter Factory better than Rebekah! Wow! Well done, Luke!
Cutting teeth is something I"m not looking forward to with Cody....hopefully it will be over soon for Luke. Rebekah says the cutest things! By the way, thanks for the comment on my post. That was encouraging since I was HUGE pregnant and still have some to go to be able to wear my own clothes! :) Hope the next few days are better for you!
Poor little man! Hope the teeth fully come in soon. R just cracks me up-love her thinking processes. Hope the rest of this week goes well for everyone.
"Every letter makes a sound!", oh yes we have that gem too!!
I'm with you-do they really need that many teeth? Really?
We love the letter factory video!! It's a classic!
Hope Luke continues to improve. And awesome news about Germany!! What a great thing to look forward to!
Post a Comment