Wednesday, September 02, 2009

A few funny things

Beks has been loving being a Mommy to Mickie. Here she is pushing her stroller again. :) You can also admire her spunky little outfit- just as I imagined...

Luke being sweet at the HUB (Bec- the shirt...)


I have LOVED watching Rebekah and Luke interact recently. They still have their squabbles, but it is fair to say they are each other's biggest fans. Here are a few sweet moments captured on film...

This one got me...

Some funnies from Rebekah recently:

Josh and I are learning how to drive UK-style. That means putting on your seat belt and checking all your mirrors and your park/handbrake b/f starting the engine or moving. It also means constantly looking in the mirrors while driving, which is annoying (they call it mirror work). We call it doing our "checks" and remind each other to follow this protocol, so as to build habits that will enable us to pass our practical tests in a few weeks. Anyway, Bunny now always asks me, "Mommy, did you do all your "looks"?" Yes, she has noticed our driving patterns have changed.

The other day, she asked me for her vitamin. She proceeded to tell me that she needed "2 vitamins to stay healthy because she doesn't get to exercise often." Evidently, my explanations of why bodies need vitamins and exercise are quite similar when heard by a 3 year old.

2 nights ago, I awoke at midnight to a sweet little face right next to mine, saying "I need to go tee-tee." Apparently, Skittles are very motivating, and if she has to keep her pull-up dry to get them, by golly she'll need to pee in the night. Fair enough. Not cool were the repeat visits at 1, 1:30, and 2am, none of which were for bathroom purposes. In fact, she said she was scared. Since her room is pitch-black, I thought to myself, maybe she is. So, I got her a night-light, which was very well-received. In fact, when we saw Mark on campus today, Rebekah exclaimed, "Mommy got me a light-giver!"

I was trying to explain to Rebekah the concept of twins. We have new friends here with 4 boys, ages 6, almost 5, and 9 month-old twins. I told her it was when God gave a Mommy 2 babies instead of 1. She asked why he would do that? I answered because he thought those mommies could handle it. She then asked why He didn't give me twins...I answered honestly that it was b/c He knew I couldn't handle it. :) Oh, the joy of still being perfect in the eyes of my daughter.

Speaking of how my children see me, I just love getting Luke when he wakes up. Whether he's fussing or cooing, his face breaks into a ginormous grin the second he sees me. I always feels like he's saying, "There's my mama! Isn't she wonderful?" I usually just squeeze him and tell him how much I love him, too. He is just a sweet, fun little boy. I am loving this stage with him and feel like we are even close to walking (at 16 1/2 months). He finally lets me hold his hands so he'll walk, and it's just precious. He takes really high steps, kind of like the first time you try a treadmill and you walk really awkwardly as you adjust to it. I am just tickled as I watch him b/c he is so proud of himself!

9 comments:

Nana Phyllis said...

Love Rebekah's comments - good reasoning! Cute pictures and great that Luke will walk soon. Glad he will let you take his hands and walk. Can't wait to see it all in a couple of months. New outfit on Bekah is so cute!

Geer Family said...

We spend hours with bubbles too...but I usually strip them down and hose them off later..bonus to a hot climate ;)

Andrea G. said...

Love the picture with R's arm around L!!! So sweet! That is so Rebekah noticing your driving pattern changed!

Go Luke go! When need video to see his precious walk :)

codi said...

R's outfit is just adorable on her! Luke will have so much fun soon when he is walking-a whole new world for him, and you:)

Smiley Jane said...

Awesome T- Luke! Also, just how I imagined it! Rebes looks adorable in all her new clothes. So UK. They look so sweet together. I especially like Luke chewing on the bubble wand. mmmm...

Jill said...

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaa... oh, Emily, I am laughing out loud at my desk that you said God didn't think you couldn't handle twins. Did she frown at you when you said that? Ha ha ha. Hilarious.

Love the cute outfits you got at the sale. We miss you around here! School's off to a great start, I have really good kids this year, and best of all, no SAT, ACT, or AP. ;) Tell mister Josh I said HELLOOOOOOO and that I'm wondering if he's read The Prodigal God by Tim Keller. We're about to read it in a little faculty book study thingy. If he has, tell him to msg me on FB and tell me what he thinks (you too if you have read it). Love you guys!

Jill said...

Oops... too early in the morning for me, I should have re-read that. I mean that you said God didn't think you COULD handle twins. :)

Mamama said...

Great pictures and comments! Can't wait to see Luke walk - how precious will that be?! I too love R's arm on L's back - what a great big sister she is!!

It's Riley Jane's 2nd birthday now - going to sleep so I can go see her in the morning!

Mamama said...

Great pictures and comments! Can't wait to see Luke walk - how precious will that be?! I too love R's arm on L's back - what a great big sister she is!!

It's Riley Jane's 2nd birthday now - going to sleep so I can go see her in the morning!