On Wednesday it was such a beautiful morning that Josh and I decided to take the munchkins to the beach. I also wanted to get some sand for our sand "box." It's really more of a table and was left here by previous dwellers- yea! Anyway, another difference b/w my husband and myself- Josh hates this sand box because of the resulting mess on the children as well as in our back garden, whereas, if it keeps em happy, I'm willing to let em do it. Oh well! Good thing they get me most of the time, huh? :) So, Lukey Duke and Josh played with the sand on the beach (which is also a stretch for Josh, I think, b/c the kids end up getting sand in every crevice and therefore the car as well- I think it goes well with all the crumbs they drop anyway) while Rebekah and I splashed in the frigid water! Great fun, as always!
None of these are fabulous quality, of course (I am up for photography lessons if anyone wants to pay for them :)), but they definitely show my spunky little girl, which is all I want from a photo anyway!
If you look at the yellow/orange sign to the right, you'll see where I take Rebekah swimming. However, I plan on taking both kids next time as I've seen how excited Luke gets about bath time! I'll just ask him if he wants to take a bath, and he'll drop whatever he's doing and crawl to the tub and whine til he's in it. Plus, they charge per adult, so it doesn't matter if both kids come.
Rebekah and I found a lovely white rock that she was quite enchanted with- you'll notice her hand is guarding it in her right pocket in quite a few pics.
Then, we went to the adjacent park and played for a bit. Sadly, parks aren't that fun for Luke yet since he's not walking and he hates swinging. Swinging and dizzy things make me nauseous, so maybe he's like me?? However, he's all about climbing slides.
This thing spins faster than you think- thus you can guess who liked it and who didn't.
Play group at our flat! Now introducing Angie! Angie is Canadian and also mother of 4 boys, 2 of whom started school this week. So she has Jesse and Matty (Mattias) who are precious 9 month old twins. Kate is holding Callum.
Another faithful member is Katrina and her 11 month old son, Duncan. They are crazy about the Red Sox and were wearing matching ensembles.



8 comments:
Looks like a fun time at the beach. We'll have to go when you're here. The temps will probably be warmer here at Christmas than there now! Luke looked pretty happy digging in the sand and playing on the slide. Did Bekah put her rock in a safe place at home?? Great to have new additions to play group. Hello to Kate and Callum!
1. Hi Phyllis!
2. Perhaps Lily and Rebecca should start a rock collection together. As you know, we come home with a new "stone" pretty much every time we go to a park or to the beach. We could turn it into "purpsoeful play" (or a home school lesson--whatever you need to call it!) :)
3. Thanks for having us all on Wednesday! I always feel bad because we track in so much sand, but I can't see any other way around that. We had a great time!
Oh usually the dirtier the better. The beach was one of my favorite moments ever with RJ so I can see how much fun you guys have being so close to it! I love how different Rebes and Luke are. It really keeps things fun. Love the Red Socks fans- how's that for a little USA!
I love the determined look on Luke's face on that slide - that's awesome! :)
And for the record, I feel Josh's pain. Messes and the necessary cleanup are no fun for me, regardless of how much fun they might be for Allison. Fortunately for her, Kristin thinks playtime in ketchup, ranch-style beans, and/or spaghetti are great fun, so I do my best to suck it up and hose off the kid and wipe off the floor, walls and dog as best a I can.
Well I too don't like the mess although I like the kids to have fun! It's amazing what you will put up with for your childrens' sakes. Rebekah comes to life everytime at the beach - I love her enthusiasm! I love Luke climbing up the slide too - what a cutie!
What an amazing place to grow up! So special! You are such a good mommy!
So fun to read your updates. Such cute kiddos. You know, if Rebekah wants a rock collection I know of a place where she could get many many many rocks ;)
I'm with Josh on sand. I HATE it! I hate the mess, I'm just too type A for sandboxes :) Love the pics of R playing in the water, looks like so much fun.
Post a Comment