While Josh and I practiced our driving last week, we were able to get some spectacular views of the city and countryside. Unfortunately, the point was the drive, not stop to take pictures. Plus, some of the roads have a lot of blind summits, so I didn't really want to get run over for the sake of my blog. This is the view off the road where we practiced 3-pt turns, parallel parking, and reversing around the corner. (funny sidenote- after Josh had practiced for a while, a man came down and moved his car! Then, several days later, I can only imagine his frustration as the same car (now driven by me) began the same manoeveurs (British spelling)- he headed down to move it again and I just drove away.)
This was last Sunday- I just liked this outfit- all 3 pieces (the dress, the leggings, and the headband) for 4.25 pds. at the NCT sale.
Wild woman- just wanted to get the leggings...
Monday morning, Kate and her clan headed over to spend the morning. This was us trying to get down the street. I thought Luke's exasperated expression was worth the photo. Notice that Rebekah has "Eyelash" with her. Eyelash is what she named the new doll Kate and Lily gave her. It was Lily's gift for being a big sister and she wanted nothing to do with her. Rebekah was immediately attached to her, so Kate gave this doll to her. She has drawn-on eyelashes and I can only assume that was what inspired her name. Rebes also calls her "Ashy" for short.
I took this picture b/c Rebekah told me, "Mom, I'm reeeeaaal interested in kilts."
I mentioned Eyelash. We are rarely seen without her. In fact, she has supplanted Mickie, Puppy, Lamby, and even Madeline for the time being. Tonight, Rebekah needed me to move a pillow on her bed b/c "that's where Eyelash takes her short nap." ("short naps" are naps and "long naps" are night time sleeps- this is Rebekah's interpretation of her day. In reality, "short naps" should be called "no naps" since absolutely no sleeping occurs.)
This morning, at 7:15, Rebekah shyly opened my door and asked if she could "snuggle in?" Um, yes.
Luke seems to be transitioning to 1 nap! Bless that precious boy, he has been sleeping from 6:45 or 7pm until past 8! As for morning naps, if I put him down at 10 am, I have to wake him at 11 and he takes a short nap at 2-ish. If I keep him up, however, he takes a weirdish nap at 2, where he often wakes up, but goes back to sleep fairly quickly. Strange thing is that he is mostly content until 2 and then is often cranky afterwards, but usually okay. This has opened a whole new world of play groups and even Dunnottar Castle in the mornings! One morning last week, I put Luke in his crib for a play time at 10 am- he had gotten up past 8, so I figured he wasn't tired, but I needed to shower, etc. So, I kept the lights on, no sound machine, and put in toys. Rebekah and I made a ton of noise doing various things (he has no door, so this is significant), and to my surprise he was conked out! Funny little guy. I often find him on his tummy/face with his bottom up in the air. :) Anyway, we seem to be in a whatever we need works mode (be it 1 or 2 naps), and I am enjoying it while it lasts.
A few minutes ago, Rebekah came down from bed, declaring we had forgotten to brush her teeth. As a matter of fact, we had. As she spit out her toothpaste, she looked at me (with slight condemnation) and said, "We sure got lucky the sugar didn't eat my teeth." She obsesses about sugar and needing to brush her teeth.



5 comments:
Miss you guys!!
Beautiful countryside and loved the stories. Adorable outfit Rebekah is wearing. It would be great if Luke would stay with 1 nap!! God bless her little heart for caring about her teeth!!
Ha ha ha! Oh that was a close one Rebes! Still laughing about "Ashy." Hope she makes the trip to Dallas in Nov. I want to see her up close.
Such cute kids! Love that Rebekah totes around a baby named Eyelash and the teeth comment...just too cute.
Your kids take such good naps. I've been trying to get Cody on a nap schedule and I have no idea how to. :) I can't decide if he's still young to be scheduled or even where to being. I love hearing how long and how well your kids nap! Thanks for always sharing about your days!
Post a Comment