Monday, September 07, 2009

Puppy

When Luke was a newborn, I began to call him "Puppy." He was wearing puppy pajamas, and it just kinda stuck. Bow we laugh because he really is so puppy-like. Since he's not walking, he doesn't have the use of his hands while mobile. Thus, he is much like a retriever and we are amused by what he transports via his mouth.

I think he looks like a little blue polar bear here. These are his new warm pj's and they were of constant irritation to him since they were too big and kept him from crawling well. He was fussy until Josh had the insight to remove them, then he was happy as a clam. I also made the mistake of setting the kids in the window seat to wave good-bye the other day, and now they are addicted to it!

Another vision becomes reality with this little number.

This was hysterical. I went into creche (nursery) to pick up the kids, and Luke was nowhere to be found. I finally saw this little drop of heaven, lounging in a chair, nonchalantly munching on Goldfish.

Rebekah was eager to give him hugs. :) Actually, I think I asked her to for the pic.

Kate and her kids (Lily and Callum) joined us today for some nice outdoor time. You gotta take it when you can get it. ("it" being the nice weather, not dealing with the Ellises :)) Callum is almost a year younger, but I think he might be nearly as big, and definitely close to as tall!

Luke's newest trick is to crawl to the wall like so...

...and wait for attention, then throw his hands up as he STANDS (!) and yell "yay" for himself...we love it.

I know what YOU are thinking, but I call this VICTORY! Both kids ate every bite of pasta with tomato sauce without a single complaint!!! (the pasta you see on their plates is from 2nds) In fact, Rebekah frequently tells me, "Mama, you make a gooood dinner." or "I suuuure like this dinner, Mama." Bless her precious heart, it makes it worth it, no?

The kids were really enjoying being shirtless, and this is how Luke watched Veggie Tales.

Until Rebekah body-slammed him, much to his delight, thankfully. I was doing dishes, and all I could hear was tons of giggles. Love it.

7 comments:

Mamama said...

Taking a day off from work - YEA - has allowed me to be the first to leave a comment! I enjoy your posts Emily - thank you for keeping them coming for family and friends who love you and your family!

Rebekah and Luke both look adorable - R's picture smile is getting better don't you think? She's trying at any rate. I'm enjoying the new outfits that you got the kids - very fun to see.

Luke looks like such a big boy now - love him in the chair eating gold fish! You've got keepers as my Dad would have said -

codi said...

What a sweet boy! I also love Luke in the chair, just hangin'out and having some goldfish. So cute. Adorable little outfit on R-what great shopping you did:)

Andrea G. said...

I just want to pick Luke up and smoother him in cuddles in the first picture! He looks so snuggly! In the pasta picture I see SO MUCH Rebekah! Josh is always so insightful on reasons when your kids' are a little fussy! What a great daddy!

Nana Phyllis said...

Smart Mama to take shirts off when pasta is being served!! So glad they are eating well. Nice to see them eat what is served happily! Keep those pictures and stories coming.

Becky McCord said...

Love the leggings and Luke, well, I'm speechless. Especially the nursery pick of him in his chair. So Billy. And the shirtless boy watching tv in his sweat pants. Just makes me so anxious for Oct! I want MY boy to be here!!

The Green Family said...

Love the "I'm so proud of myself" look from Luke at the wall in the back garden! He's so adorable!! Precious!

Korrin said...

I love the pictures Emily! I have to say the one with Rebekah wearing the basket as a helmet was hilarious! I seriously am still laughing about it. They are both growing so much and are absolutely adorable.