Wednesday, October 07, 2009

Precious Luke moments

The past few days have been tough ones for little Luke. He can be a bit high maintenance at times, especially if teething. So, I think the Lord knew I needed a pick-me-up...from Luke. :) He was so fussy after his afternoon nap, that after holding him and trying to give him a snack only to get racking sobs, I put him back in bed, totally frustrated. He played, cried, threw things out of his crib, etc. I got him 30 minutes later and he was in better spirits. I think he at least realized that being with Mama and getting snacks really isn't that bad.

So, all that to build up to this- we walked to a friend's flat and let our 2 play with their 4 boys. Their youngest 2 are 10-month old twins who are just delightful. Luke LOVES them- I think he likes that they are smaller than he is. As he does with babies at church, he crawled over to them and put his head on their heads and tried to kiss them. I was enchanted, as I have only heard about this happening and have never seen it myself. So, by way of providing further background info, my niece gives "macks" (smacks/kisses) and we have done that with Luke to honor her sweet way of saying "mack!" Usually, I ask for a "mack" and on a good day, he'll lean in and let me kiss his mouth. Today, though, I asked him if was giving "macks" to the babies? He crawled over to me, reached up, I grabbed him, and he pursed his lips into a tiny little circle, leaned in to my mine, and said" MMMMMM!" as he planted several macks right on my mouth. I kid you not, I teared up. Maybe my favorite thing he has ever done....and so needed.

I will add that I was reading a book aloud for any of the kids to enjoy at Kate's the other day. Luke got interested, cruised around the table, saw that my lap was unoccupied, and backed into it- He sat down, crossed his legs, and was all ears. This is my second favorite thing he has ever done.

6 comments:

Shay said...

Very precious, indeed! So sweet. I think I've told you this, but I LOVE reading your blog. I get so excited when you put up a new post! :-) Love and miss you!
Shay

Nana Phyllis said...

I can't wait for some mmmmacs. My lap will be ready too. Such a sweetie. Hope the teeth come in soon and he has relief.

Derricca said...

It's those moments that you just think, "Thank you God for letting me be their mom!", huh. Those moments are precious. Thanks for sharing.

Andrea G. said...

I too love the back into your lap and precious little lips puckered together!! Praise the Lord for precious timing!

Carrie Sterner said...

Store them up Emily, store them up. Love the new pic!!!!!

Kate E. said...

Awww. So sweet. I am glad I witnessed the second favorite Luke moment. It was very precious.