We arrived in Germany on Thursday night. For the weekend, we rented a car so we could sight-see for a couple days on our own. We headed to Heidlberg on Friday. It was about an hour away and was a pretty drive. We loved Heidlberg! It is beautiful and there is lots to do!
Swatches were about the coolest thing ever when I was a kid. This took me back. :)
I enjoyed going in the Christmas shops, but quickly learned that a tired 3 year old is not your best shopping buddy in a very expensive store.
We had doner for lunch- the German version of a Greek pita, I suppose- awesome! This is where the Japanese tourists snapped tons of pictures of my kids, especially Rebekah.
(Look at little Buddy with his mittens...precious!)
Any picture is better with Rebekah in it. (compare last pic and next one and you'll agree)
The castle- Josh pushed the stroller up there, bless him!
The weather was terrible- we felt right at home!
more of the view from the castle...
The castle was monstrous and very fun to tour.
Not sure if you can see how spunky this little girl is...hilarious! Look at that swagger.
This part was obviously more in the category of "ruins."
Admiring the fountain.
I love vacationing with my husband- we are careful not to spend too much, but we always enjoy eating!! Here we are having a very long word with lots of consonants that incorporates "streusel" somewhere in its name...
Yes, Luke was with us! He was so chill in his stroller, he never came out but to eat...before you think I'm mean, let's remember that he's not walking and it was raining. Crawling was not an option, and when your 18 month old is happy to be along for the ride, you roll with it!



6 comments:
What a fun town to visit! Looks great despite the weather. Sounds like a wonderful day. Love Rebekah's cool walk. I'm enjoying seeing all your vacation pictures. Keep them coming. Hope you all got a nap today and got in bed early.
Looks so neat! I'm glad you got to go travel and see part of Germany! What a great experience and fun family memories. Can't wait to see more pics of your trip (assuming you'll post more!)
Great photos - BEAUTIFUL countryside!! Don't forget your children are 1/16th German on the McCord side!(: Rebekah's swagger is priceless! I agree with Phyllis - keep them coming!!
The buildings are so picturesque! The ruins of the castles are so neat too! Every picture is better with you and your children in it! Rebekah defines spunk, in a very good way! :)
Stunning sights, again. Love it that you are in more of them. Miss you girl!
just for educational purposes...doner is actually the Turkish word for the Greek pita sandwich. there are actually over 3 million Turks who live in Germany so some of their food has really been incorporated.
love yall and cannot wait to see you!!!!!
Post a Comment