So I did finally buy 2 pumpkins this week- I thought it would be fun to color the pumpkins first...
Luke thought me chasing him inside was a lot more fun!
He thought Dad playing airplane with him was REALLY fun. :) I will add that you have not heard sheer JOY until you have heard my son laugh. Strangers stop to listen to him belly-laugh.
As usual, I have already digressed....this evening the Ellises came over to carve pumpkins with us! I was a little concerned when Josh started prepping me for what I was going to have to do to carve...evidently, he and Brannan had not realized this was their job. Kate's and my job was to dole out candy corns and encourage them while carving. Once that was settled, we got started.
This is Luke's costume for next year- a bit big this year, but isn't he a cute duck?
Sweet Callum, who aged considerably in the 3 weeks they were gone.
The girls
The girls were told if they smiled for this pic, they'd be allowed to go outside. Voila. You may not be able to tell that Lily is a very cute cat. Oh, and Rebekah insisted on squeezing herself into this 3T costume...
Our final result. (You can see how short the duck get-up is on her!)
Typical Kate. It was a long 3 weeks without her.
Ours is the one on the left. Brannan did the one on the right.
The Ellis family
We also went to the park this afternoon and while Josh kept working, the kids and I all took 2 hour naps. LOVE that- it's rare for us all to sleep so well. Bless them.



7 comments:
Love the hands in the slimy pumpkin seeds pictures!! Too cute. Loved talking with you on skype this afternoon!! Forgot to ask if Rebe got her card??
Do you realize how lucky we are to have Kate for a friend? I mean, really. She's one.of.a.kind! (Love you, Kate) The photo cracked me up because Callum is staring at her!
i love your updates. it is enjoyable to get to be "apart" of your lives through reading your blog. glad you all had a fun halloween!
Oh my gosh. It's posts like this one that make me really, REALLY miss all you guys!! Can you please come out to CA so that I can have fun with ya'll again!!
And is Luke thinning out!?! He looks like all the mobility is giving him a good workout! :-) Love the sweet pics of him and Josh. Awwww . . .
Great pictures! I am looking forward to seeing ya'll when you come home!
Fun photos!! Looks like you had lots of fun - love that the guys didn't realize they were doing the carving
GREAT pumpkins! You really are such a great mommy, dear Emmie! I am inspired by how much you do with your kiddos. They are so fortunate to have you! miss you. :)
Post a Comment