Sunday, October 18, 2009

My nephew is here!!!

Becky delivered William Charles McCord IV yesterday at 6:35pm TX time! He was 8 pds, 11 oz and 20 inches long. Of course, he is gorgeous!! He is exactly 18 months younger than his cousin, Luke. :) It is Josh's belief that Luke innately knew that another man was entering the family because at that exact time in Germany Luke decided that night time was not for sleeping and was gleefully awake from 12:30-3:30am, thus awakening his sister as well. So, without knowing it, we celebrated this joyful event. :)

(actually, at 12;30, Luke woke up crying, I tried to pacify him, then grabbed him to snuggle up with me. 3 hours later, he was still rolling around the bed chirping and waking up his sister. They oscillated b/w who was crying and who was moaning and at one point, I thought Luke was on the verge of sleep on the bed with me, so I left to comfort Rebekah on her pallet. During this time, there was a sickening thud and loud wails, which led me to conclude, "Something is not right!" And afraid of a disaster, mama ran fast and even faster and picked Luke up off the floor. Both kids were sobbing, at which point, I got Josh (I had sent him to another room to get some sleep) and we wheeled the pack n play into the living room, left Luke to cry it out because the rest of us needed some sleep, and tried again. All 4 of us went back to sleep and the kiddos were pretty tired all day- not that they napped well, but at least they got the chance. We went on-base for church and a Macaroni Grill lunch, so bless Luke's sleepy little heart, he had to skip yet another nap and wait until the afternoon. Oh well. Scott did take one for the team and offered his office for Luke to sleep in tonight, so we are hoping for a better night- almost anything would be better. Anyway, we have had a relaxing day, and no I did not nap b/c I went on-base and was able to buy Goldfish and Teddy Grahams and other exciting items in American dollars (and on sale no less!))

3 comments:

Nana Phyllis said...

Talked to your mom about William's arrival. Sounds like pretty short labor for Becky - PTL! He is a big boy and I know you can't wait to see them in a month. Hope everyone there sleeps tonight. Do you head back to Aberdeen tomorrow?

Kate E. said...

Yay! So happy to hear the good news. I'll look forward to seeing pictures of the newest McCord. ;)

Mamama said...

So sorry about all the rough sleeping you've had but thrilled you've had such a great time with Linny and family!!! Excited for you to meet William next month -