Friday, October 30, 2009

Playing guitar

Rebekah begged Josh to pull out their guitar...she was all ears for like 3 minutes. It was Luke who was glued to Josh's side for each tune and who even tried to help him pluck (and put toys in the neck of the guitar). Once again, we were reminded how musical Luke seems to be. He may not use a lot of "words," but he is amazing at inflections and mimicking. I count the birds on his counting pictures in his room to distract him while I change his diaper. He quits squirming and listens to my rhythm and then mimics it in his own sounds. I love it. Maybe we have a budding musician...? Every parent thinks that.

Rebekah...in her princess dress (that she adores, Mom!) IN the guitar case, yelling, "Bekah in a bag!" and insisting I finish zipping the side.

Luke all about what Daddy's doing.


Another fun stage we're going thru is dress-up. And I do mean DRESS-up. If possible, Rebes will make anything a dress and tells me once a day, "I LOVE dresses, mama. Thanks for letting me wear a dress today." So, this has extended to night-wear in that she wants to wear nightgowns when possible. So, we have to layer since we're not running the heat.

4 comments:

Nana Phyllis said...

Love Bekah in a bag!! Love the guitar men! I think Luke may take after his dad and Papa and be musical. Papa can teach him French horn someday!! Fam looks great - just a couple of weeks until TEXAS!

Becky McCord said...

SO funny. Love the layers.

Mamama said...

Love all of you soon! Rebekah is priceless and Luke may just be the next family muscisian!!

Andrea G. said...

Love to hear about Luke and his mimicking! The layers on Rebekah's pjs are so cute!