Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Trier

I am warning you now...this post contains approximately (I'm just guessing here, mind you) 61 pictures.

Trier was also about an hour away. Another scenic drive, another great time as a family! This time Luke napped in the morning at home, and we hit the road right after he woke up and spent the day in Trier. It rained briefly while there, but was mostly very pleasant. When we were parking, I was kind of wondering why we had come, but we walked just a few minutes and i saw how lovely it really is!

Part of the city center.

This is the largest remaining throne room...300 AD, I think. The roof was added later.

Inside

Outside


Just different things we looked at and took pictures in front of. :)

I can't remember the name of this cathedral- something German, I am sure. :)

Porta Nigra

We LOVED our snacks again! GREAT gelato...

Luke quit trying to sleep when he spied my ice cream...who can blame him?

Josh getting another snack- a great ham sandwich thingy.

On the outskirts of town...


Right by the Roman baths...


This part is the actual "bath" area...this was very confusing to Rebekah!


Luke was ready for a nap, but was very sweet and never fussed!

That night, the Gardners treated us to a wonderful German restaurant! We had schnitzel (well Josh actually had salmon) and loved it!!

This is Linny (my mom's cousin) and her eldest daughter, Sarah.

Rebekah loved Sarah and Linny!


Luke loved us! He had a great time, too...he hadn't slept since 11 that morning and this was 6pm, so I was impressed he stayed in the high chair as long as he did. He really wanted to go back in the kitchen, but I managed to keep him distracted!

I wore this shirt 3 days there, so, yes, you will see it frequently! It's a fave...anyway, I liked Luke's deer in the headlights look, and I think Josh and I look nice. :)


Such a great day! We even got to watch the TX/OU game live from their house while munching on M&Ms....loved it. :) Not sure why my jeans are tight....hmm....Linny's homecooking and great restaurants have nothing to do with it- I am sure it is simply b/c I actually used a dryer. Man, I miss and I mean MISS having a clothes dryer. There is space in my kitchen, and I am dreaming of one magically appearing..I don't mind doing dishes a bit- it is the loss of the dryer that kills me.

2 comments:

Nana Phyllis said...

What a beautiful city! Love Bekah's BIG LEAF and Luke's deer in the headlights pics. Food looks yummy! Love all the pictures of Germany.

Mamama said...

Another great round of photos! You look lovely Emily!! Great shot of Rebekah between Linny and Sarah - what great cousins we have!!