On Friday I asked the kids if they wanted to go the HUB. As Rebekah is the only one speaking in English, she got to choose. Of course, yes! So, I smelled little man and quickly determined he needed a nappy (aka diaper) change. As I changed him on his changing table, he was rubbing his eyes and trying to dive for his bed. It was 9am. Bless his heart. So, I put him down and he promptly went to sleep. Not wanting to disappoint my daughter, I told her we would have our own fun at home! She chose to snuggle up under a blanket, watch Annie, drink a wee bit of Coke Zero, and eat chocolate chips. That's my girl. :) She had a blast!! As a result of an earlier than usual nap, we were even able to attend our church's play group!
Later on, we walked on campus and saw this lovely butterfly.
The babies hung out together on the side. (Rebekah has really been into "her girls," "her children," and "her babies." They have specific needs at specific times that you simply can't ignore, thus necessitating bringing them everywhere we go.)
As you can see, we ran into some "mean gorillas" on our walk.
Fortunately, this part of campus housed the "friendly gorillas", whom we asked home for tea in our tent. I'm not kidding. Her imagination is wildly wonderful in every way!
That night, Josh had a hankering for apple crumble, and as he is one to experiment in the kitchen, he took it upon himself to make it. Rachel gave me her apple corer/peeler and we were mesmerized with the whole process.
Josh insisted I be the one in the pics since people often comment how I'm never in any pictures. Here you go!
Later that same night, Josh headed out to go...curling! A Scottish sport, curling is kind of like ice bowling. Josh is helping start a young adults ministry at our church and this was an excellent way to get a taste of the culture, as well as get to know some young adults. Evidently, Aberdeen makes really good curling stones b/c we are the Granite City, you know.
Josh curling...
On Saturday, the McGarry's (Duncan's parents) asked us to go to the International Fair with them. I carried Luke on my back, thinking it would better not to try to push a stroller thru the crowds. The 30-minute walk was tiring, but we made it and Rebekah walked the whole way w/o incident.
The men (Luke spies R's snack and is reaching for it)
The ladies
The paella- for those of you who don't know me, I studied briefly in Spain and fell in love with paella. The big bowl of yumminess brought back a ton of memories!
If you're wondering why Josh is grinning, just look at the "Meats of the World" sign behind him. He chose boar. He liked it.
Rebekah quickly spotted this candy kiosk and we got her a bag. I let her choose what kinds, and at one point, she looked in the bag and said, 'That's plenty, Mama." Love that girl- so content.
The boys again- I love my boys.
Our family.
I just liked how every shot of Luke shows him reaching for snacks.
Rebekah trying Josh's hot dog.
I had promised Rebekah a girls' date for her not sucking her thumb (even w/o the "yucky thumby stuff".) We were already downtown for the fair, so Josh walked Luke home with our friends, and R and I set off for McD's! We had a ball and even did some girly shopping. Of course, we rode the bus back.
Funny moment: Rebekah looked at me and said, "Mama, I like you better than Daddy....do you like me better than Luke?"
Sadly, the worst/strongest wind I have ever seen built up and Luke sobbed the whole way home. Josh said people were staring. :( Poor kid HATES wind and he was up high in a backpack during the worst wind ever! So, Josh pulled him down and tried to cover his head, but Luke was too far gone. The MINUTE Josh put him in his crib, he threw his hands over his head and closed his eyes. We didn't hear form him for 2 1/2 hours (he had taken an am nap, too, from which I awakened him) and he was a much happier baby. Interestingly he still went to bed at 7pm and got up at 8am. Such a sleeper! As for Rebekah, since she never naps anymore, I decided we could do her date during nap time. Josh put her down last night b/c Kate and I went to go see Melissa's new baby girl, Calista. Josh said he put her in bed for her reading time. He went back up 8 minutes later to read to her and pray with her, and she had gotten under the covers and was fast asleep. Definitely a first!! She slept til 8am, so I guess she needed the rest!
This morning, I started to make French Toast. I heard the kids chirping, so I left josh to finish it. He came upstairs and started asking me about what I had put in it- I guess I grabbed cumin instead of cinnamon! Fortunately, no one had eaten it. :0
The kids like jelly on their toast...and faces! I skipped baths last night anyway, so i didn't mind since bath time was next on the agenda.
Rebekah was thrilled I dried her hair with my special dryer and hair stuff. :)
"Is this a nice smile, Mama?" Um, no.



3 comments:
So much... :)
LOVE how Rebekah NEVER ceases to have a hair bow in and that you did her hair with her straightener and she loves it!!
LOVE the new header pic and her smile!
LOVE to hear that you knew Luke needed a nap and made up for it with Coke and chocolate for Rebekah! And that day that he had two naps and slept well all night!
LOVE to hear about the gorillas! I cannot wait for that with Elizabeth! David does it some, but not that much!
LOVE to see you :)
LOVE to hear Rebekah is all done with naps :) David has not been napping 3/7 days... he napped the last 4 days though so maybe it was just a funk for three weeks?
LOVE to hear Josh is preaching and can't wait to hear him here SOON!
OK... sorry my comments are as long as a post! Miss you friend!
Looks like a great and wonderful weekend. Love that Josh is involved with Scotish sports! Kids look great as do you with the apple peeler/corer. Yummy sounding dessert.
Looks like a great weekend all the way around! Loved the photos of you - thank you Josh! I too am proud of Josh for getting involved and making a difference! The new header is great . . . but so was the old one as I loved having you and Josh in it.
Post a Comment