Yesterday, I asked Kate if I could pick up Lily just to make her life a little less hectic as she packed and organized for a 3-week visit to Indiana (and by Indiana, I mean Georgia). Lily and Rebekah are BFFs these days and NORMALLY play quite well together. Yes, there is subtext there. :)
This is 3 kids in my car. NO, Rebekah is not in a car seat- I figured now that I am a fully-licensed UK driver, I could make it the mile home w/o an accident. Poor Luke is cutting his 13th tooth as we speak- his first incisor- and it has been rough to say the least. I was glad to get him not sobbing in the pic.
Thus, I was THRILLED to see that a morning snooze produced this precious face and attitude! All 3 kids enjoyed coloring and snacks, of course. :)
I mean, look at this...adorable.
After a morning of irritating each other (and maybe me, a little :)), it was time to take Lily home for a much-needed nap (all of us). So, since it was lovely, I thought we would walk the mile or so...unfortunately, Rebekah's legs decided they were no longer functional, so she insisted on standing on the foot board...neither girl was excited about this mode of transportation, but Luke was happy in the front!
Then, last night I hosted our AWF (Aberdeen Women's Fellowship) kick-off...it was the 1st meeting the new women were here to attend. new ladies have *s by their names
Katrina, Christy*, and Rachel*
Monica and Allison
Rachel (RO), Amber*, Blair*, and Angie*
Jenna*, Joyce, Allison, and Kate
We did a fall theme with pumpkin whoopie pies with maple-syrup/cream cheese filling (Kate), apple pie (Allison), and cinnamon oatmeal cookies and peanut butter fudge (me).
The fun part was that I had everyone collect things they weren't using and we had the new ladies and anyone who wanted to "shop" for free stuff out of my basement.
With all the noise and no door on his room, sweet Luke was singing for about an hour...never cried out or fussed, just chirped happily from at least 9:30-10:30pm. :)



4 comments:
Great to see the kids at play/art. Fun to see your new friends, also. Hope Luke gets those teeth cut before you head for Germany. Hope Kate and family have a great visit home.
Thanks Phyllis!
Thank you, Emily, for your hospitality. We love going to "Embwy's" house! Sorry Lily was kind of a stinker for you. :)
dude way to recycle! :)
Looks like fun and quite a few new ladies this year - I know you are enjoying entertaining in your flat the is closer to most of your friends! I also know you are going to miss Kate while you both have your trips to the states.
Post a Comment