Well! It has been a crazy week already!
On Friday, Josh and I helped his sister, Sarah, move to a new place in College Station and we were eager to do that because our best friends live there! So, Josh drove the flatbed and actually did the work, while I got a very cute new haircut! We went to Matt and Shannon's and got some awesome time with them and their 2 girls.
Then, on Saturday, Josh, the kids, Nana, and I got in the car bright and early Sat morning to meet my dad to go back to Dallas to spend time with my family. Sadly, there was no sleep for Rebes and only a hard-won 30 minutes for little man (who has been crashing in his crib!) over the course of the 6 hrs in the car....oh well. Anyway, we arrived to a very excited set of grandparents and we have been having great times!
Some fun highlights:
Josh and I were supposed to get our teeth cleaned on Monday since dental care is virtually impossible to get in the UK. We took the roads instead of the highway because of hard rain and possible ice and I didn't want to drive my parents' new car in those conditions. On those back roads, the traffic lights were all out and there was a wreck we got stuck behind...we were glad the backup traffic didn't make us late to our appointments. As we walked up to the office, we noticed their lights were out, too! No biggie, they squeezed us in for the next afternoon. We drove home to a DARK house- my parents had our 2 children and my niece (who was staying for the day) in the lightest room they had- all 3 had awakened from sound naps when their fans suddenly went off! So, Josh and I huddled with them and played and we picked up dinner. Because of questionable weather, my niece ended up staying over again, which was fun! Finally, after 5 hours, Rebekah said, "Turn on the lights!" and they came on!! Praise the Lord we didn't have to sleep 3 babies without heat.
So, the next day, Josh and I were off for our rescheduled appointments. I wanted to leave the new car for my parents and the kids' (car seats, you know?), so we decided to drive "Lester," my dad's faithful blue Explorer of 13 years. Let me say, I have driven Lester many times before- afterall, he was part of my high school days. So, off we went. We decided to hit the highway this time since there had been troubles the other way...there was an accident, so we exited, just as Lester let out a very piercing squeal that never stopped, even when I stopped at a light. We pulled over, Josh determined that it was a belt, but we both thought it would be fine. At the spotting of smoke, we decided we weren't going anywhere but the nearest parking lot. Sadly, that parking lot was just past me having power steering. Josh helped man handle the steering wheel thru a huge intersection and cross 4 lanes of traffic to a car lot. We don't have cells here in the US, so we borrowed one from a patron at McDonald's and my dad picked us up and had Lester towed. So, we still haven't seen the dentist.
In other news, my dad took Rebekah to a listing of my mom's (she is a realtor)- Rebekah was very excited and once in the house, she spread her arms wide and said, "This house is wooooonderful!" No idea where she gets this stuff....
As for Luke, he is dropping the bottle like nobody's business- seriously, the kid is already weaning himself. I guess it's linked to his new found ability to feed himself! That's right, my boy has mastered his pincher grasp!
I will work on some pics later! ;)
And the winner is….
9 years ago



3 comments:
Ok you big tease. Tell us you get a cute hair cut and no pictures. Cruel. I will be waiting! :)
I agree, where's the pic?! Wow. Sorry about all the drama. We'll miss you tonight at Bible study!
And here I was all excited that Charlie would allow us to put something in her mouth!! Doing it herself? No no not there yet :) You had a week like mine--just glad it is over!
Post a Comment