Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Grasshopper Mama

Josh used to work at a church in Frisco, TX as the college pastor. He kept telling me how cool this girl, Mary, was who was also working/volunteering there. Our paths didn't cross that much. In the meantime she got married and had kids at the same time we had ours- their 2 were even closer, tho! Those crazy cats! She found my blog somehow and therefore I found hers. We are faithful posters on each others' blogs and I told Josh I know she'd be a dear friend for life if we lived closer. Besides the fact that's she's incredibly beautiful, Mary has a lot going for her- extremely funny, great mom, and consistent blogger (see Grasshopper Mama in my blog list)!


So, when we were in Dallas, I told my family I really wanted to see her. I felt silly since we don't really even know each other in real life, but she's just that cool. (Did I mention she's over halfway thru her 3rd pregnancy?) We only had 2 weeks in Dallas and were on a tight schedule. :) Rebekah was being bratty and mentioned how much she missed us (by that I mean "I miss you, Daddy" which made us think maybe we needed a little reconnect time with her). So we randomly ended up in Plano and went to a mall play area we've never been to. God is soooooooooo good- guess who was there with her whole family???? Mary!!!!!


Before we spotted Mary (seriously, I was working my way over to photograph a North Dallas phenomenon- about 10 women had their infants and toddlers all in parked strollers in a line while they ran up and down the stairs and worked out...only in Dallas. before I got to them, we saw Mary) this was what Rebekah was doing.



4 comments:

Carley said...

I love love love that you guys ran into each other! She told me about that and how you were able to help keep her mind off the doctors appointment that day! God is so good! We are constantly talking about how the blog world actually builds friendships. Fun times! If you end up back in Dallas you will have to join our play group! I'm praying for your adjustments and that you meet your deadline tomorrow. Blessings to you!

Mary said...

Awwww thanks Emily :) I really enjoyed seeing y'all that day-it helped distract us and it certainly confirmed that I have a place to go if I ever run away from home :)

Carrie Sterner said...

What a sweet blessing, heaven sent! How fun to get to meet up with your friend. It is fun to sit back and watch the Lord love on someone you care so much about.

Emmy said...

Emily, I am Mary's sister, and this summer (when she started blogging), she told me how funny your blog was. So I started reading it and eventually read every last post (like a stalker!!), so I feel like I know you, too. I couldn't get over the luck she had seeing you on the morning of her sonogram. To me, it seemed like she had seen a movie star - the famous Mama Em! Thanks for the honesty about family and spirituality that you share on your blog!