Maybe it's just that the flight to TX was so traumatic, but I am feeling rather super-humanish at the moment...We all arrived to Aberdeen safely and a even a bit early with MINIMAL crying on the plane and just a 5-minute burst from Luke b/w flights. In fact, we are so thankful to the Lord (maybe He was just tired of hearing from me about it... :)) for providing us with the bulkhead seat and the whole row to ourselves for the 8-hr flight to Amsterdam. Seriously- Luke barely fussed and I just patted his chest/tummy as he drifted off to sleep several times in the bassinet. (Now that I think about it, he did scream off and on for 30 or so minutes to the point that the flight attendant so cleverly pointed out maybe he wasn't happy in the bassinet- I politely told her this was not his loudest scream and if she'd like to hear it, I could pick him up. She responded by not making me awaken him to buckle him on my lap when the fasten seatbelt sign came on during turbulence- wise move.) Rebekah also took several naps and Josh and I were able to watch some movies and have dinner with 2 peacefully sleeping children- sadly, the flight attendants carried on conversations (loudly) over their sleeping heads and both awoke before they needed to...sigh...what can you do? I did not sleep a wink and was so tired I was almost nauseous as we landed and taxied for seriously 15 minutes- gratefully, Luke and I drifted off to sleep (he was even in my arms- I guess he expressed all his rage publicly in the lobby b/w flights because by the time we got on the 2nd flight, he just turned towards me and closed his eyes- happy moment) together for the 2nd flight. Our friends, Rachel and Mark, were nice enough to pick us up in 2 cars to accomodate all our luggage. We got home, fed everybody and we all took 3-hr naps!!!! That is amazing for us! The reason I'm feeling superhuman is that family nap and the fact that not only have I unpacked and put up 300 pounds of luggage in a flat with no closets, I also had groceries delivered and we bathed both kids. This is all quite unprecedented for us. (side note: I should mention that Josh carried the bags (with Mark's help of course!), worked on getting my new computer online and hooked up, went thru mail and messages, and entertained the kids. I guess I'm not the only superhuman in this family)
So, it's 8pm and Luke is asleep for the night, R is on her way soon (she told us at nap time and just now that she was tired- CRAZY for her!) and Josh and I have to hit the books- he for finals and me for a new project that is partially due Wednesday- yikes!!! A bit overwhelmed, which is probably why I am resting on the laurels of my previous accomplishments.
Thank you for all your prayers! Truly- great travel day, minus the sadness of leaving...
And the winner is….
9 years ago



9 comments:
Emily, I am so glad you made it back with so much less drama. After reading your post i think you are superhuman and deserve yet another nap.
I look forward to catching up with you more soon. Scott is at seminary this whole week so maybe we can chat after your work obligations are done. :) Still praying for your transition back Em. Love you guys.
Oh happy day for you!! So glad the flight back was better than the flight here...I felt for you I really did. And THAT is why I have yet to fly with both of my children. I won't have fabulous stories of living overseas though--That's why it's truly worth it even though I know it is hard. I laughed out loud at you saying his scream could get louder. Of course it could have and she was smart to back off! Glad you did, in fact, get the bulk head seats too :)
So thankful you are back safely and somewhat calmly!! We prayed hard for a great trip - so glad you did. Great to get your message, we were at Hazel's husband's funeral - UGH Papa to Ft. Worth tomorrow afternoon. We love you!
So glad all went well! And seriously, are you just now figuring out that you're a supermom? I could've told you that! Love you friend!
I was thrilled to hear your voice with the wonderful news of the uneventful flight back to Aberdeen! You'd think flight attendants of all people would know it can be really dangerous to be so loud around children who are sleeping.
It's been a busy real estate day today working with a new listing as well as new buyers - quite a good day!
Love you so much and miss having you here!!
Yayyyyy!!! I'm SO glad to hear that you trip went fairly smoothly. What a huge answer to prayer! We definitely missed you guys around here and are glad to have you back! :-)
Praise the Lord. He always knows what we can handle and when we can't handle another moment! I will be praying for the project. I am so glad that the planes went well, you are organized, Internet up, and stuff unpacked in their own special places! I am sure you brought back many special gifts! Miss you!
Glad to hear you are back. When things calm down, maybe we could chat on the phone. Give your kids a squeeze from me. Love you
I'm glad to hear that it went so much better. The trip out sounded like a nightmare! See you soon!
Post a Comment