My mom's mom started "Craft day" when my brother and I were wee ones. My grandmother, her sister, and their daughters would get together and do crafts. This was back in the day when women actually did crafts! Anyway, some worked on scrapbooks, others sewing, others handicrafts- my mom ironed. Another way we are alike- why be crafty when you can be efficient and go home with fewer tasks left to do? :)
Anyway, all of us are grown up and few of us do crafts! I can't help but think how happy my grandmother would be to know that craft day is still happening and that my kids and I got to attend this past Friday!
Me, my 2nd cousin Whitney, my sister-in-law Becky, my 2nd cousin-in-law Ali
Luke Duke
Rebekah and Olivia (her mom is Whitney)- my fave was when the 2 girls (1 year apart) climbed into a Dora tunnel and chatted privately
Luke and Marshall (Olivia's little brother- LOVE the red curls- I hate that Whit and I are not geographically closer- it's so fun to her exactly a year ahead of us with their kids!)



5 comments:
Cooking counts as being crafty...and you're REALLY good at that! I'm still all for living together and you can cook and I can clean :) Miss you!
You look really great Emily!!
Cute hair cut! Glad to see it. See ya Saturday :) Praying for a better trip this time around.
What fun traditions. Cute hair and cute kiddos!
I made a little progress last night--Only went in there once to "let her go," grab her hands and drop her into her crib so she knows it doesn't hurt. You should have heart her heartache--What is WRONG with me?! She cried for about an hour and half and I just laid there...feeling like a horrible person. Then she finally went to sleep and I thought, "Okay, tomorrow I'm doing the fan thing." Guess it's because she's #2? Funny about the walls at your brothers :)
Post a Comment