So, we are doing better sleep-wise- I really can't complain at all- except for those 2 hours Sunday night, the kids have adjusted beautifully!!!! The past 2 nights, both have slept from 8pm-ish until I awakened them after 8am. You may think I'm mean for waking them, but we have to live by Scottish time. We continued to skip R's naps- today is the first day I have put her down- I have no illusions that she will sleep and I don't really care, but I need SOME time from 8am-8pm that is not child-filled. :) I have already heard full conversations (she does both sides), as well as "Row, row, row your boat" and "I've got a new way to walk" several times. Funny girl. We also got to reconnect with friends this morning- my parents had told Rebekah thta when she got back to Scotland she got to see her friends- so the SECOND we pulled up, she asked "Where are my friends?! Are they in my flat? Are they in my room?" Needless to say, we were eager to see our buddies. We saw Melissa and Jamie, Rachel and Ethan, and Kate and Lily. Rachel and Kate are expecting #2 in the next month or so.
I DID finish my obligations for today- I actually have deadlines every 2 weeks, but this being the first part of the project, they are having us turn in part of it today so they can see how we're doing. PTL! Josh took his first final today and felt good about it. He takes his 2nd one Friday morning. He has next week off and we are hoping to take a day to travel a bit. We'll see!!
These are our last days in Dallas....Rebekah already wants to go back and can't wait to get on the next plane- I can! Altho, Dallas would be fine!
Dual bath for the cousins
I French braided her hair- sorry for the tag...
Just liked how she HAD to use chopsticks like Daddy! This was at Pei Wei- we also ate there 2 days before we moved to IA (I was 8 mos pregnant with R at that time), so Pei Wei has some bittersweet memories for me.



3 comments:
Love the sweetness of Rebekah's smile in the first tub shot and her side profile with the big girl hair is just yummy.
Those sweet granddaughters - how I love them - and Luke too of course! I loved her French braid. I knew you would come through for me and get her with Aberdeen friends - I was surely trying to help Rebekah. I'm anxious to meet your friends when I come in April - I still love all your Iowa City friends!!
Love how you can be supermom and work from home and go about all over your "mom duties" too! Sweet!
Post a Comment