Friday, January 16, 2009

Back to Scotland

We're leaving today at 3-something pm and will arrive in Aberdeen tomorrow at 10 am if all goes well. The weather looks clear, so we should make it there. We've had a wonderful time with both families and many friends. It has been a full, yet fast month. Lots of great family time and and great food, of course. We feel very blessed to have so many people who love us so dearly. Thanks, Mom and Dad and Mike and Phyllis for great times with you. we love you and miss you all already.

In all honesty, I am already tired of good-byes and feel like a wreck emotionally. It's not that I don't like Aberdeen, it's that I'm close to our families and friends here and it is devastating to have to say good-bye for such a long time this time.

Please pray for us:

Smooth travel
Sleep for the kids on the overnight flight
Adjusting to being 6 hrs ahead again
Josh is going back to 2 finals next week
I am heading into a new work contract with a quick deadline (praise the Lord for a great-paying contract!!)

It's hard to go into finals and a big new work contract while adjusting to weird sleep patterns, especially with the 2 small children- so we appreciate your prayers!

See you on the other side!

6 comments:

Carley said...

Oh Emily I totally feel for you. I know that must be really really hard. Hang in there and know that we are praying for you!

Nana Phyllis said...

Papa and Nana are praying you across the ocean. We loved having you with us. We look forward to what God will do in your family as you return to Scotland.

The Magsigs said...

I hate that we didn't get to see y'all while you were here! I miss you! I will be praying for your trip and a quick adjustment when you get back. Love you friend!

Stephen, Whitney, Olivia Jane, Marshall Wood, and Stephen Bauer said...

Ohhh Emily..I've had you SO on my heart today and am praying for peaceful, uneventful (haha, right), happy, safe travels and for your heart to feel calm too! I know you are feeling so many mixed emotions right now as you put on your "travel rally mom" hat for your travels themselves! Just know that we are feeling it with you, will be carrying you in prayer and LOVE you soooo! I absolutely loved our time with you guys over the past few weeks! What a treat! Wish they were more often. Hang in there and let us know when you arrive safely. WE love you!!!

Grandmama said...

Emily,
My thoughts and prayers have been with you in our quiet and picked up house - how I long for the mess of having 4 extra people here with us! I pray that all four of you are sleeping as I write this. You are very much loved and very much prayed for by so many! Hug your precious children for me and tell them Mamama and Grandi love them dearly.

melissa said...

I've been thinking about you/praying for you!