Rebekah in her make-shift cape...
Luke got a new do- it's short and sporty and showcases his perfectly round head. That's our way of saying, yes, it's shorter than we anticipated. But doesn't he look oh so cute?
Nana, Rebekah, Luke, and I met Aunt Salsa (aka Aunt Sarah, but Rebes called her salsa last year when she was just talking) and her friend, Toni, at the duck pond. As Josh would say, this is Luke's classic "put-out" look- he gets this from my brother. However, Luke is not at all put-out- in fact, he was mesmerized by the ducks!
Rebekah LOVEs to feed the ducks- I heard her talking to herself, saying "No, it's not tiny enough," as she ripped the bread smaller. :) Great progress from the summer, when she threw whole pieces in.
Nana and Luke again
Me with Aunt Salsa
In related news, the kids are doing great! We have FINALLY figured out that many of Luke's fussies are due to constipation. The golden syrup from Scotland does the trick in just a few hours and he's a new baby. Thank you, Lord, for wisdom.
Luke and Rebekah ate their weight in lasagna tonight!
Rebekah strapped on her backpack and headed off to "school." Nana, always looking for teachable moments, asked her if she was going to obey her teachers because they were the bosses at school. Rebekah thought for a moment and decided she didn't want to go to school anymore!
Today I went in to her during nap time and said, "You need to be quiet and sleep." She replied, "I need to talk about my balloon." She did not nap. :)
In a tender moment, Papa searched for Annie and Rebekah snuggled up right next to him and they watched Annie, as Rebekah plagued him (in a good way, of course) with questions about Annie, Sandy, and the orphans, the not nice lady, etc...
On our walk today, Rebekah started singing "Who are the people in your neighborhood, in your neighborhood, in your neighborhood...who are the people in your neighborhood...?" I didn't even know she knew that!
Today, she asked why I put her sweater on, to which I replied, "Evidently, you were cold." She then said, "What was I evidently cold for?"
Hope you enjoyed some snapshots of our daily lives!



7 comments:
Love the new do on Luke... love that R was watching Annie... love "I NEED to talk about my balloons." Love it all. Your little ones are SO precious!
Emily, in absolutely ALL seriousness Luke's hair IS cute! I was also tenderly reminded of my boys with the identical cut. I have a feeling his will lay down when it grows back in too by the looks of it. Aaron's would have but Zach and Isaac's would not and Luke's looks more like Aaron's.
The picture where Miss R is seeming to peer into the pond makes her look as though she is 4!!!! I want to hold her by the way before she doesn't let anyone hold her anymore. :( Tell her Miss Carrie loves her.
I eat up all the "Rebekah-isms." Her mind is highly entertaining. Thanks for all the stories...and the visit. ;)
Such cute kids! I can't believe how fast they are growing.
Love the new Luke do :) Are those Rebekah's "yogurt" pants/trousers? Just noticed that for some reason then thought of that conversation! HA! Looks/sounds like you are enjoying your visit.
Great pics! It looks so sunny and warm, no fair ;) R is so cute and love the pics of Luke always with no pants, too funny. I hope you have had great fun hanging with family.
The kids hair look so great! I am in need of some drastic change...
I will get back to blogging some time...
Tell your family hi!
Love Luke's new "do"!! :-)
Enjoy your stay in the U.S., but then hurry back to us!! You are missed.
Love,
Rachel
Post a Comment