You know, the one with the loud toddler AND the crying baby....sigh...yesterday was maybe one of the longest (and hardest) days of my life! We woke the kids up at 4:15am UK time, headed for the airport, and waited just a few minutes for the plane (Praise of this post is the timing and weather were awesome). Luke doesn't normally eat until after 7 am, so I wasn't sure when to feed him. Benadryl seemed to work wonders on the way over for Luke because he slept almost the whole time (granted it was night time, too). So, I gave him a dose, then fed him. Right before we got up to board the first plane, he puked the entire bottle...probably from meds on an empty tummy. I was soaked and his sweatshirt caught a lot. Fortuneatly, he had a sleeper on and a white onesie underneath. My plan was to strip him of the sleeper, put on jeans, and put the sweatshirt back on. So, no sweatshirt, no biggie. Now I have the same dilemma- is he still hungry? Seemingly no. He sobbed himself to sleep for a 30-minute snoozer, then ate. We got on the next plane. Rebekah slept...wat for it...not a minute and Luke SOBBED himself to sleep FIVE times for no more than 45 minutes at a time (this flight was 9 1/2 hrs)- sometimes the flight attendant dropped bottles, sometimes a child fell into him, sometimes his sister kicked him, sometimes he just woke up himself- but every time he was MAD as a hornet. You would think I had never fed that baby the number of bottles he consumed. He finally forced out a tiny poop, then a MONSTER one that travelled up his back on the white onesie- at least it was on the back, right? Still had the jeans plan. Then, he threw up another entire feeding, including the orange veggies after I accidentally pushed on his tummy too hard. This yak went everywhere- all over me and his sleeper, onesie, and the airplane. We got MORE glares. i tell you, you would think I was pinching the baby the way people looked at me, as if I wouldn't do anything to make him stop crying 50% of this 9 1/2 hr flight. So, we finally landed and the only way Josh could describe Luke and me was white trash. Tacky, I know, but there I was 2 different looks and smells and puke all over me and my kid in a stained onesie, dirty jeans, and nothing else, nopt even socks, in 30 degree weather.
Rebekah was about to fall over and ended up staying up for 20 hours. They both went to bed at 6 or 6:30 and Luke was up chatting off and on all night, while I was up with Rebekah every hour from midnight on. We threw in the towel at 4:30 am TX time. Luke started his first nap at 6:30 am. Long day, but we are soooooooooooooooooooooooooo happy to be here!!!
And the winner is….
9 years ago



11 comments:
Oh Emily I'm sooooo sorry it was that hard. That's why I'm still scared to travel with both of them. I've done one or the other but never both to be honest :) I have no doubt it won't get that bad again--and you survived!! Enjoy every minute at home :)
Whew. Sorry it was such a rough trip! We'll pray you can get everyone back on track quickly! Have fun with the fam!
They didn't look like white trash to us - they looked WONDERFUL!! We are soo very glad to have them here for a short stint before they head to Victoria and then back to us for a longer time in January! Loving every minute but don't know how any of them stayed awake to visit last night -
Mamama
oh em- makes me sweat thinking about it! glad you are there!
This is ironic to read considering your prayer requests on the previous post. What a nightmare. I bet you're glad to be in TX.
Hope you time there is restful and rejuvenating.
Love.
Oh man, that sounds like the flight from hell and I'm so sorry that I'm laughing SO hard! Have a great Christmas!
Were you crying? Ohhh, I would be crying!!! I HATE it when people stare! One time in Wal-Mart Abigail was having a melt down and people were STARING. I couldn't help myself and said out loud to Abigail..."you need to stop crying, people are LOOKING at us!" Then I saw heads turn back to whatever it was they were doing quickly. I am so bad. So glad you are back OK!
Emily, I am SO sorry your trip was such a nightmare. Although I've never had quite that same experience, I TOTALLY understand. There's no doubt about it, you can "prepare" all you want, but one still has to expect the UNexpected on these long flights. You just never know what they're going to do! :-( I'm so glad you made it there in one piece though. Praying that the rest of your time will be much, MUCH less stressful. Enjoy your family & friends. And, Merry Christmas! You guys are already missed around here.
Much love, Rachel
Oh no!!! It sounds like the neverending trip home. Glad you are there safely anyway.
So sorry! Maybe on the way back take a shot of benadryl yourself:) Enjoy your time in Texas!
Oh my friend, I am so grateful that this was a flight heading TOWARDS family where you will be loved on (no matter what you smell like)and helped so you can recover from your ordeal.
Seriously, corny as it sounds, it feels good to have you in the country again, even if I don't get to see you. Soak up the love Emily!!!!!!!
Post a Comment