Thursday, December 11, 2008

Lumberjack Luke and Rebekah

Thought you might enjoy seeing Lumberjack Luke and his sister in action...

This was particularly fun. A sweet friend and her fam of 4 just finished up here and headed back to the US Tuesday. Rebekah loves Miss Tammy and Hannah. We even got some of their cool girly stiff, like this bike and this whole outfit! Rebekah delightedly chose her own clothes and even picked the matching bow :). I was a fan. Anyway, R is super-psyched about the bike and is oh, sooooo proud of herself for being able to "climb on it all by myself." Josh lowered the seat for her to be able to and we take turns pushing her around on her "big girl bike."

Seriously- too cute for words!!!!

In fact, we have gotten lots from Hannah. Because we already have so much wrapped under the tree, I just randomly laid the new things around the flat, curious how long it would take R to find them all. Answer- about 5 minutes! ( Josh told her "Hannah Claus" had come. :) ) So funny and precious- I had forgotten I had put some stuff away in a drawer for a rainy day. I opened the drawer in her presence, and she exclaimed with more excitement than ever, "What is thaaaaat?! Is that for me?!" It was a bunch of doll accessories and she has loved every moment of playing with them!
Rebekah doesn't miss much and never has.
All of us have been battling some mild forms of colds. When Josh's throat gets tickly, he goes "Hmmm" a lot w/o realizing it. If I were not a perfect wife, it might slightly annoy me. Anyway, after sitting with him one morning, Rebekah turned to him and asked, "Why are you going "hmmm"?" Awesome.
Similarly, after entering the bathroom with Josh, Rebekah sniffed (our toilet smells regardless of how clean it is :( ) and suggested he use the "yellow stuff" and pointed to the room spray.

She helped me clean the shower with the spray bottle. She looked on the bottle and pointed to the shower head and said, "It looks just like this!" I love the connections she makes!

8 comments:

Nana Phyllis said...

Love the Lumberjack look!! What a great look of delight on Bekah's face. PTL for awesome generous friends. Counting down until you're here!!

Nana

Andrea G. said...

Wow Rebekah looks so old in those pictures! I think it is the boots! 3 here she comes! What a great pic capturing how proud she is! Luke's look is adorable too of course!

Grandmama said...

They both look terrific - what fun to have so many things given to you by your dear friend! I know you are going to miss Tammy tons!

Carrie Sterner said...

I wish I could have been a mouse in the corner to watch Rebekah's delight. It is so obvious that she is extremely excited. Luke is a "must hold"in that manly attire. Such bundle of manliness.

Ok I love that Rebekah doesn't miss a beat. I am still sitter here chuckling over that one!

Korrin said...

I have been busy and sadly neglected checking blogs! What a big boy Luke looks sitting up! I looked back at the ones I missed and I love the picture of Rebekah sharing so sweetly, ha ha! I've seen that face before on one of my kids : ) I also LOVE the pictures of Rebekah loving on Luke, I bet he is going to look up to her his whole life.

Anonymous said...

Rebekah is too funny! What a smartie she is. LOVE the "company" story. Hilarious...

Shannon said...

I cannot believe how incredibly handsome Little Man is. I mean, I can see those blue eyes a mile away! And I don't know how, but I can tell from the look on his face that he is sweet, funny baby. Love it all!

Kudos to Rebekah for being ultra-observant. She is a hoot!!

Kent, Tammy, and Hannah Eilers said...

Glad to see Reb enjoying some of Hannah's things.
We miss you guys but rejoice with you that you are probably en-route right now to enjoy some much needed time with family over the holidays.
Merry Christmas friend! (: