Thursday, September 18, 2008

Seaton Park with new friends

Rebekah and I made new friends yesterday! Tammy (Hannah almost 4 and Abigail 2 mos) emailed us and asked us for a play date! See below! They are adorable and we had a blast! It was fun to see R interact with a friend again, altho I maintain that she has lost some of her social graces! Sadly, this sweet family is moving back to Michigan in December. :( You Iowans will appreciate that she was born in Pella!

We met at Seaton Park, the park I didn't have my camera for last time! It was a GORGEOUS day yesterday, tho my pics seem to represent the 10 minutes of clouds we had. :(

This was quite fun- Hannah believes that peter Rabbit lives in this great old knotted tree. There are bunnies from time to time, but Rebekah was sure she needed to see them right then! here she is eagerly expecting a bunny greeting.

This is the large park area that is so beautiful! Those 2 pointy things in the background are St. Machar's Church, which I will feature later in this post. (I downloaded backwards!) The whole walk probably takes 15 minutes.

This is part of the greene expanse.

This is in between the church and the green park area.


This is the steep path down from the church to the flowers and then to the park.

The sign on the way from the church to the park.

St. Machar's Church

A house on the way to the church

The road from campus to the church


9 comments:

Nana Phyllis said...

WOW! It is absolutely beautiful. What fun to meet new friends. Enjoy them while they are there. I'm sure you'll meet others soon. Tell Bekah to keep chasing that bunny, maybe she will catch it :-).
Tell the kids Nana and Papa love them bunches.

Nana

Mary said...

Oh my what a pretty place you now live in--think back to College Station days when you miss home and maybe that might help a little??? It is beautiful there. Hope there are this many pics coming all the time!

Mommy Parr said...

Sooooo beautiful! Sooooo jealous!

Andrea G. said...

Breathtaking! I am thankful it was a lovely day and you guys had a great playdate!

Carrie Sterner said...

Emily it is so beautiful there! I love that picture in front of the flowers (although I would love to see R's face). It is gorgeous! Thanks for all the continued pictures.

I also loved seeing R looking so intently for the bunny. So sweet.

Glad you have a new friend for now. More are coming! The Sterners are praying for them to find you. ;)

Frank said...

WOW - what a beautiful place! And I actually had no idea where Peter Rabbit lived.

I'm a little jealous that you're in such a pretty place while we're in hot, flat Dallas.

Carley said...

Wow Emily! What a beautiful place. You have done a great job with adding your pics! We are praying for you!

Grandmama said...

Em,
The pictures are beautiful! Rebekah continues to smile for pictures as only she can do - what an adorable child she is!! I'm praying for more friends that are just arriving as you are!!!

Kent, Tammy, and Hannah Eilers said...

What a fun day we had with you too! Thanks for the pictures. It was good seeing your amazing ability to capture the lovely morning. We shall have to do it again soon!