Saturday, September 20, 2008

Rebekah Antics


Rebekah keeps us in stitches! Over the past couple of days, she has said some funny things:

I'm running fast! Like the wind!

I'm going to get my hair colored...like Aunt Becky did! (what color?) Red and blue!

At night when she's going to bed, I'll say good-night, etc. Then, right as I walk away, she'll say, "Mom! Mom! Mom! I wanna say hi!" or "Mom, I'm saying hi!" So, I dutifully come back and she goes, "Hi! Nuh-night!" It's almost all one word. Then, we're done. Love it.

I let her use my toothpaste b/c we're in Scotland and kids' toothpaste is low down on my list of priorities or things I remember when we're out. So, she used it. It was okay. Then, she insisted on drinking milk. She made a horrible face and said, "It's spicy!" Then, she told me, "I need kids' toothpaste. It's better. I like it." Seriously? She's 2! Just 2!

She also sings along to most songs on her Veggie Tales, which is pretty impressive. She still goes by Moe and told someone at the park this morning that she was Moe.

When Luke was crying the other day, she said, "He's just talkin', Mom!" She will also sometimes say, "Babies just cry sometimes..."

She swings Lamby and gives him the same directions I give her, such as "Put your feet in! Good job, Lamby! Yea, Lamby! Hold on, Lamby." Yesterday she even told Puppy dog not to touch ANYthing, then she "put him down for a nap" in Luke's bed. She even quietly closed the door and sneaked out (which I don't do :)) and told us to be quiet. (sidenote: when Luke gets up, she often says, "I don't have to be quiet anymore!")

This morning, my heart overflowing with love for her, I told her "I love, you Bekah." I wasn't expecting anything back, but she smiled at me and said, "I love you, too." It was very simple, but precious to my heart.

Luke update:

Luke has been transitioning fairly well- he was extremely happy for the first week and we were encouraged that the formula change was not affecting him badly. We also had to change from corn syrup to golden syrup for constipation. Unfortunately, he went from being plugged up to having bloody, runny stools...a lot of them! That has caused the worst nappy rash (ie diaper rash) I have ever seen and he howls in pain over it. :( I took him to the dr and we got cream for his bottom (and a new cream for his face)- all for free with socialized medicine! ;) Anyway, they are not too concerned, but they are culturing a sample and will let us know if anything is awry. He has been fussy and in pain, so we are hoping for a quick and easy solution! They think it's not the formula or an allergy, but rather a fissure (cut) on the inside from all the straining and subsequent diarrhea. So sad!!!!!

Rebes just asked me "not to type" anymore, so that's all for now! ;)

2 comments:

Grandmama said...

Em,
I'm so glad you are writing down some of the comments that precious Rebekah comes up with! I know she's a delight to your heart as you are adjusting to a new life in Scotland! I'm praying for Luke that he continues to get better and that he will sleep through the night soon!!

Carrie Sterner said...

She is so precious Emily. I love, love hearing what she is saying. Her mind is sharp and just tickles me. I am so glad you are sharing those things with us. I would love to carry on a conversation with her!

I keep praying for Luke, for healing, and for him to return to his happy little self.

Kisses for the kids and hugs for you!