Dad- notice the trees...

This is the kitchen. I have a constant companion and helper! Underneath her is the ginormous washer. Seriously, those of you who have lived with me know that I am not a great launderer. I stuff as many garments in as I possibly can regardless of color. Since about 3 of Rebekah's shirts and maybe 1 Luke sock fit inside, the number of loads I do has multiplied exponentially!
Every room has a nice window at least...excepting the curtains, I bought all the blue and cream stuff, like the canisters and bowls...everything is tiny-sized: washer, dryer, fridge, freezer, oven...no wonder they're in good shape- no space to store it and have to walk to the store daily to get it all! ;)
This was a pointless patio, but the owners closed it in which is why we have a freezer and dryer! yea! The fridge and freezer are dorm-sized, tho...
The living room...we camp out here most of the time. Luke's room is literally out of this room to the left of the couch...
side note- this is also the eating area since there isn;t any space in the kitchen...
The bench under the window is officially Rebekah's! She claimed it the first day and I LOVE that she has a special place...you can also see the free tv we got! We don't have programming, but we use R's portable DVD player my parents got her for her bday...we are currently watching Arrested Development.
We have one bathroom. You have to pull a string to start the water heating system and there isn't a tub, so R and L get bathed in a rubbermaid bin at the bottom...interestingly, you can have either hot or cold water from the sink- 2 different faucets...no warm...
This is the view upon entering...your back is to the front door. There are 2 doors on your right- the bathroom is first, then the kitchen. There are 2 doors on your left. The first is R's room and the 2nd is our room. The door straight ahead is to the living area and L's room is off that to the left (not pictured b/c he was sleeping). So, it's long and skinny basically. And, that's not a baby gate, but a heater- all rooms have that and black-out shades...
Our room...with a nice closet
R's room...there is a lot of purple wall paper in Scotland...go figure...
















10 comments:
It is great to see pictures of the fam. in the flat. Now when I think of you I can picture what the setting is. I love the window over the sink. Looks like you are settling in and figuring it all out. Remember what Mike's mom always said - "This too shall pass."
I'm relieved for you that you have a dryer! Yay! The good thing about our little kids is their clothes are actually LITTLE :)
Em,
It's really nice (much better than my memories of earlier pictures!)- I like the wood floors and moulding, the windows, the colors look fine, and I mostly like the family that lives there! I love the things you bought for your kitchen to spruce it up too. My favorite thing is Rebekah sitting on the counter top! It will feel like home before you know it!!
Your new place looks great! How great that you have 3 bedrooms! I think the purple wall paper is perfect (we have plans to make ZS's walls purple too). I am sure it will feel like home in no time, especially when you start making family memories there!
Side Note: I hope y'all enjoy Arrested Development. Colin and I think it is hilarious!
S
It is so great to see your home... it will feel like home soon! I am sure you are thankful for a wash machine, dryer, and freezer! Baths sound difficult, but I am sure you will figure out a system. I love the blue added through it and the nice white cupboards!
I think your place looks really nice. You do so awesome adjusting to everything. You really have made it a cute little place! I was hoping you would post pictures!
It's very cute, Em! I'm sure it'll feel like home in no time at all...you have a knack for creating homey spaces!
Em, you are doing a great job of personalizing your place. It is all looking cute. As you know it is not what fills the place but WHO that makes a house truly home. Everyone who enters there will be flooded by the presence of God in your lives and in your love for others.
There are obviously obstacles to adapt to but you are amazing at that. I have full faith in your ability to let go of the little things.
Besides, look at the faces of your children. They are happy and life is perfect to them. Great memories and great stories are being made. Your place is You All!
How did I never see this post until today?
I absolutely LOVE seeing your new place. The quirks are definitely you guys and ripe for little nicknames that y'all are so great at creating!
Thank you so much for letting us in and giving us a "tour." You know your peeps here are just itching to be there, too. We, Mortons, love and miss you all!
Dear Emily, & Josh,
Your flat is so nice. I know you look forward to many adventures. You are in our prayers.
Betty Britsch
Post a Comment