Rebekah and Luke playing together on the couch...
This is one of the malls...there are 3 and there is a Gap, complete with Baby Gap and Kids' Gap
Part of downtown...
Look at little Lump! Such a little wad of sweetness! He LOVES the exersaucer- who knew?
Luke in his Sunday best! We visited Gilcomston South Church today and enjoyed it. It felt weird to be somewhere else and it was our first time to drop Luke off for nursery. Actually, here nursery is more like an enrolled school for young ones and a creche is what we call nursery. Both kids did great- they were all in one room and Rebekah made friends with Lily, whom according to her she hugged and who was very funny. Lily is the daughter of one of the American gals and I got to meet her and another gal. We are all going out Friday night for a girls' night, so I'll get to chat more.
I should mention that we got a ride from a guy who gave us a free tv! They have FreeCycle here where you can post things you'd like to give away. Long and short of it, this guy brings it over and offers us a ride b/c it's his church, too! He introduced us to a neat family who is having us over for lunch next Sunday! The Lord is so good! BTW, the guy had 2 other people lined up for the tv, both of whom fell thru, then we were the first of 45 people to respond- so the Lord to hook us up!











7 comments:
Woo Hoo, first to comment!! First of all, I, too, love the rug and am so intrigued by your new life in Scotland. :) Thanks for the update. And by the way, it is so you to already have made new friends and have plans with them. You amaze me, and i want to be like you!
The Lord is good! How exciting... invitation to lunch, mall complete with gap, new TV, girls night out lined up... wow! Did someone give you the excersaucer too?
So thankful for good reports about your first week in Aberdeen! Sounds like the kids are adjusting well and you are making new friends quickly. What an answer to our prayers.
Sounds like things are going good so far! I am glad Bekah found a new friend since she had been so upset to leave her friends in Iowa! Luke looks awful cute in his church get-up!
BTW....do you realize you used the term "gal" multiple times? I am disappointed....I guess some of those Yankee terms rubbed off on you when you were in Iowa! ;)
keep the pictures coming! Love 'em!
It is so awesome to hear all the great things that are going for you. I am so happy for you! Your kids are adorable, as always!
Hey Em! It's so good to read your blog and hear how things are going for all of you. The Lord is so good, and I am so grateful for how he is blessing you--even in the small things. Bekah and Luke are too precious! I can't believe how they're growing. Thanks for doing such a great job of posting pics and fun stories. I miss you guys and am praying for you all. PS How are Josh's parents doing after the hurricane?
So glad to hear how well things are going and loving all the pictures! Y'all are in my prayers as you continue to get settled in.
Post a Comment