Josh and I had our first Scottish date last night! We swapped babysitting with a friend and were able to go (without children) to dinner! We looked forward to it forever, it felt like!
Anyway, we deliberated for a while, then decided to go to Rustico, an Italian restaurant we pass on the way to and from parking for church- it always smells delicious and looked to be very charming. Knowing we would not be getting the benefit in the exchange rate, we wanted to know we would love the meal. We arrived and had a little romantic table- complete with red and white checkered table cloth! We got cheesy garlic bread to split and were a little concerned that we were the only ones not drinking wine...so uncultured... anyway, Josh got Rigatoni with Italian sausage in a red sauce (we both love red sauce) and I took a chance on the chef's special- Taggliatele pasta with scallops in Arrabiata (spicy red) sauce. I am always hesitant to do seafood because I only like it if it is well done. We are on the ocean, so it seemed to be a good choice. I took my first bite and must have felt the way the judges do at the finale of Top Chef when the contestants pull out all the stops, have the finest ingredients, and just blow them away. I wanted to pause the moment. Those scallops were the best thing I have EVER eaten. They melted in my mouth.
From my dad's awesome steaks to briefly studying in Spain to our engagement 7-course meal to honeymooning at Lake Chateau in Banff, Canada to cruising Alaska, I have had some great meals. This is up there for me.
Sadly, tho, everything 9even Starbucks) is closed after 5 except restaurants. We did swing by the grocery store to grab a few things, thankful it was still open. So, next time, we will savor the meal a little longer, but if I get my hands on those scallops again, I don't know if I'll be able to slow down. :)
And the winner is….
9 years ago



6 comments:
So glad you had a great date!! Your dinner sounds yummy to me, but I love most seafood. Great that you had some time alone with each other.
Nana
I Love the way you write. I could almost taste it! I am so excited you guys got to have a date! How special!
That sounds delicious - glad you enjoyed your date!! I know that was a treat for both of you!
That was a treat I'm sure! Sounds yummy even though most meals sound nasty to me right now :)
hey friend- so glad you got to go on a date! keep doin it girl! love you
So, SO happy to hear about this date. Love it!! And may I say, I would like to taste these scallops in red sauce. I can imagine the look on your face. You are wonderful, Emmie!
Post a Comment