Thursday, November 20, 2008

Just another day with the Malones

Can you say "precious?" I LOVE overalls!!


Did I mention I love this face in overalls? It was shortly after this photo that Luke was beginning to moan (he has been sick and fussy since Tuesday)- Josh and I BOTH heard a sweet, precious, all-by, "Ma ma..." It was like the Lord's gift to me of what is coming...in like 3 years!


I'd like you to notice several things in this pic. First, the reason I took it was to show you the drying rack on the heater. That is for when you need to dry clothes and it's raining outside- which is always. Those Scots sure can think of everything...except efficient dryers, canned broth, standard-sized fridges/freezers....

The next thing I'd like to draw your attention to is the poster. We got it for free as part of a gift bag for Luke from the gov't- aren't they nice? It's meant to encourage music and reading, etc....Anyway, upon hearing the explanation of a poster's purpose, R insisted we hang it in her room. Luke didn't mind.

Last, note the stool. It belongs in the bathroom and contains toilet paper and a lot less feminine items than it used to. R also insisted on having it for room time so she can adjust her light- whatever keeps her happy so I can get my legs shaved....hence my loss of personal property.


I don't think I ever showed the room with her ABC's- the other half is on the other wall, but you get the idea. (Remember- the Scots love them some purple) Her bows are to the left. We will be getting more in TX! The 2 photos are of her grandparents. One thing I wish I had brought more of was frames. The affordable ones here are tacky in my opinion. I plan on getting a bunch in TX.


I got Rebekah a pretend cell phone at Asda today- can you tell she was thrilled?! She awoke from her nap, grabbed the phone and said (I kid you not) "I'm excited you found a phone for me, Mommy!" How can a toddler says thank you better than that?


This has been Rebekah's dream- seriously- she was DYING to sit in the "green car seat like Lukey"

Other funny comments:

"No, it's not Bekah, it's Waaa-bekah!"

The next 2 are ex's of her perception of time and tenses:

"But I kept my pull-up dry now- can I have my popsicle now?"

R: What are you doing?
Me: I'm feeding my kiddos.
R: No, you're not feeding your kiddos. I already ate. You're feeding Lukey.

4 comments:

Carley said...

Too cute, Emily!! I love seeing your updates!

Nana Phyllis said...

LOVE the pics. Luke is too cute in his overalls. We're praying he gets well soon and stays well. Bekah's excitement is very obvious. Way to go Mom! Counting the days until you are in Texas!!!

Nana

Carrie Sterner said...

I so agree, the overalls are too cute. His hair is filling in so nicely and it makes him look so much older!

Love, love the picture of R's expression about the phone. She has always had a fascination with them. Sweet shot! Thanks for posting often.

Grandmama said...

You have such great children! Luke looks very handsome and grownup in his darling overalls, and I love the excitement on Rebekah's face over the phone! They should keep you smiling indeed - at least when Luke isn't crying!!