























I told you it was coming!
I love having a BOY! And you are all boy! You love being thrown, spun, and rough-handled, yet, son, you are a precious, huggable, squeezy little guy and you have been since we had to physically force you out of my tummy! You love being held and almost anything can be solved these days just by picking you up- almost! You have the greatest smile and dimples that fill and light up your whole face- you smiled your first days of life and we knew that you would fill us with joy. You have given us many challenges, but they have made us love you and appreciate having you all the more. I love the way you sleep- all curled up on your left side, with your head thrown back. I also love that you can grin, laugh, sneeze, cough, fuss, and full-out scream- all with your paci in your mouth. I love how you adore your sister and she is pretty fond of you, too! You are pretty mellow most of the time, but you sure can let us know when you're not- and in 3 seconds! On a practical note, you are a stud in the car and so great at just hanging out! You love being at home, tho, and I imagine that you are a calm, soothing personality like your dad. You and your dad balance Bekah and me out! You are just starting to show us some more of your personality- like you cough and pretend cry to get attention and you are starting to show preferences. You LOVE the sound of our voices, like when we're laughing or reading or singing. You have a special place in your heart for your daddy, which I love! You laugh all the time- when tickled, when your sister talks to and play with you, when Daddy spends time with you, when you're being thrown around...and it's a great laugh that warms my heart! You are your own little man and I am excited to see who you become. I pray for your trust in Jesus to develop over time and for you to be a Godly man. It's hard to believe you're going to grow up- especially as you are taking a stance on delaying sitting as long as humanly possible- but I know you will. I eagerly anticipate sharing you with the world, yet I am fearful, too. I am excited to take you places and be with you as you feed the animals at the zoo for the first time, like Curious George (and Curious Rebekah for that matter) or splash in your first puddle. I am excited to know you more and the awesome privilege of being your mom.
I love you, Luke Timothy.



4 comments:
This is precious. What blessed children you have to have parents like you two. :)
Okay you have probably already thought about this but I wonder if Luke was like he is in the sleeping picture (in the swaddle blanket,) in your belly...it just can't be comfortable unless you've lived like that for some time before! Great pics and tribute!!
I saw the lion shirt :) You need to make sure you are downloading and saving your blogs once a year! I am not sure how to do it, but I am sure your kids will want it! Forget scrapbooks! This is so sweet!
What I love seeing in your tribute my sweet Emily is how you have grown over the last difficult months. Luke has been a challenge in some ways but he is soo loved and treasured by his family. I love how Rebekah loves him and helps you with him. You are blessed with the children you have, they are blessed to have you as their Mom, and I am blessed to have you as my daughter! Much love to all of you -
Post a Comment