This post has nothing to do with Thanksgiving since we do not celebrate it here in Aberdeen. However, we are getting together with some American friends on Saturday afternoon to feast and have fun!
Maybe I was a little hard on myself- Luke can sit...now I know he's leaning in these pics, but that was gentleman's choice. Note the blue jingle bells in his left hand- they are a favored toy for both my children.
These are to show you "serious Luke." You may recall that "pensive Rebekah" looked much the same at this age. I marvel at how silly she is now!
This is his turtle face. It is a FAVORITE expression of ours- his pointy upper lip totally envelops his bottom lip...this is a very common stare he is wont to give.
Never one to miss out on an opportunity, Rebes crawled into the bouncy seat (that she despised as an infant) while it was on the couch because I was cleaning. You should see her flail her legs around as she pretends to be Lukey, who is a master of boucning that thing.
Last night Miss Tammy came over to babysit. Rebekah loves her so much that she even came with me in her jammies to pick Miss Tammy up. Not knowing that bedtime was imminent, Miss Tammy mentioned a surprise (thinking she would be playing with her)...water colors!!!!! With promises of water coloring upon awakening (post-6am, mind you), Rebekah dutifully went to bed, but still mournfully called out "water colors" for quite a while. And at 1:45 am and at 5am...sigh...Seriously, tho, we were up and at 'em at 6:30 am...it's serious business when we pull the hair back.
(our free tree is in the background, but is undecorated- we will do it as a family this weekend and I will post pics then!)
Look at those rosey cheeks! How I LOVE when they throw their arms up- one of main motivators of unswaddling him in September- so he could have that freedom. Both kids sleep in "grobags" or sleep sacks, as we call them in the US. Since we don't run the heat all the time, it makes me feel better that they are warm. Luke LOVES his- it's one of tired signs- he'll start to pull at his shirt b/c that's what he does when he's falling asleep in his sleep sack.











5 comments:
Luke looks so much like Rebekah in in those pics when she was that age! Wow!
I was just thinking the other day that I should introduce Abigail to painting. I was thinking more finger painting...but teh water colors seem "less messy?" What do you think?
Emily, you have precious kiddos! Luke is so handsome! I'm starting to see some of your beauty in him, too (in a good, manly way, of course!) I love the pictures of him sitting up so well on his own. I always look at what Luke is doing so I know what to expect from Allison in the coming weeks.
Rebekah is one of the happiest little girls. I love that her mind is totally set on whatever she has focused on - that will come in handy as she gets older.
You're such a sweet, wonderful mother. Your children are truly blessed.
Okay I just read your last post--little behind--and I am feeling your pain. I totally am not a baby person so I'm constantly struggling with knowing that of course God gave them to me and I don't know why! There are people who LOVE babies and take them the second they appear in the room...I'm not one of them. I love it when they sleep, start communicating, etc. It's soooo much easier!
love the new pics. Great talking to you on Thanksgiving - whish you could have been here to enjoy all the goodies Rachel and Pat made - Yummy herb brined turkey!! Sarah was sad watching A & M losing to UT. Can't wait to see all the fun things the kids are doing.
Nana
Glad she loved the paints but I really feel bad to cause everyone such sleep deprivation!!! We love you guys too, and will greatly miss you.
Post a Comment