The fam walking in downtown...and Bekah wearing her Halloween skirt.
Luke eating yogurt...yes, a lot actually did go in his mouth!
This morning, Bekah wanted to play with all the bears in her room. It was essential that she held them all at the same time.
Luke doin' some tummy time at Kate's flat this afternoon....Luke is starting to grab and hold things much better! He actually semi-sits, too...for about 3 seconds....
I have been compiling a a list of cute things Rebekah has been saying and doing- here goes-
I came back from a run and this is what I got- breathless Rebekah greeted me at the door:
"Mommy, You're back! How as your run? Mickie's got a stethoscope (indeed she did) and we're going to fly to Africa like the man in the yellow hat. You're coming, too! And we get to have snacks on the plane!!" (not a single pause)
My biggest fan:
"Mommy, gooooood job, Mommy! Good job being still, Mommy (pretending to brush my hair and clip my nails). Now you get a popsicle!"
Similarly, she told me this morning, "Be very careful and don't slip, Mommy....(on a very slippery hill where I have actually taken us both down before!)...yea, Mommy! Goooood job not slipping, Mommy!"
"I'm gonna jump on you...and it's gonna be an ouchie!"
Rebes has the intuitive knack of figuring out when I am lost due to the number of reverses I do. One such incident on Sunday resulted in her saying, "Mommy, what's wrong? ....It's okay Mommy. Here, take Bunny. You'll feel better." I did.
I told Rebekah she was about to do room time last week. She said, "I'd like to do pretend room time please."
Speaking of pretend, we are definitely there! She pretends all the time!!! She is so clever, too! Her newest one is putting Daddy down for a nap. She tucks him in, sings to him, gives him a "BB" (a special blankie), and prays with him. As she leaves the room, she solemnly looks back at him and says, "If I have to come back in here, I'm gonna pop your bottom."
Today, Rebekah woke up from her nap and said, "I'm excited for the ASDA delivery man to come. I want my milk!" Unfortunately, we are still without because their truck broke down and they're running late. Poor, neglected girl!














10 comments:
So fun to catch up on your fam! Love the pics, the account of Scottish date night, the beautiful kiddos! Love, love, my friend!
Rebekah is too funny! You and Josh are going to be kept on your toes with that one! Love the pics. Luke is so handsome. Glad he is using his hands and almost sitting. Tell him Nana and Papa want to see lenghty sitting when he comes to Victoria. We love you all!
Nana
Emily, I hope you are keeping all of these posts in a notebook. They are hysterical! If I had a record of all the funny things I said when I was a kid, I would think it was awesome!!! The funniest one for me was imagining Rebekah coming at you WITHOUT PAUSE just after your run. So funny! Miss you girl- I don't kno why I always miss you most at exam time, isn't that ODD???!!! Maybe because we bonded during over the "oh can you believe this" aspect of it? Who knows. Crazy Jill. :) Have a great weekend and tell Josh and the kids hey from me!
There are extraneous prepositions in my last post. You can chalk that up to the fact that I've been looking at prepositions all day. :)
What a story from Rebekah! Love it! Luke is such a cutie pie!
Great pictures, you sure have some cute kid!
I agree with Phyllis on all she said! Rebekah is really hilarious - I got some great laughs reading those even though you had told me some of them! Your Dad laughed as I read them to him too!
Love you!!
Love, love, love Little Man's hair. I cannot BELIEVE how much it's grown. And it's such a sweet color. :)
As for Miss Rebe's, I love her imagination. It's gotta be my fave when they pretend they'll have to discipline us. How grown up she must feel. ;) Such a cutie!!
Great pics! Wow, look is looking so grown up. Isn't crazy how fast they change. Love hearing about things over there, thanks for the update.
I just can not believe what all Rebekah is saying! It blows my mind. :) Very good though. Your little man is becoming quite a handsome guy!
Post a Comment