



There are times when your heart is so full, you just about burst. Back when I struggled with some form of postpartum nonsense and pretty severe anxiety, I soooo wish I could have looked ahead to these precious days. Being the mama of a girl is precious in and of itself, but being the mama of my little girl is the best! As I held my shivering daughter straight from the bath in my arms while we read and prayed, the solution was simple- dry her hair! Watching her face light up at the extra bedtime attention, not to mention delay in routine, was worth every moment. Having her ask me to go over her Bible verses, which she calls questions, warms my heart. Reading 4 chapters out of John in a normal Bible (not a kids' Bible) and having her demand for more made me wonder if she is indeed out next Malone theologian? Having her tell me out of the blue, multiple times a day at that, "I love you, Mama!" or "You're a goood mama, Mommy!" just about does me in. Having a little helper who delights in saying, "I helped you, Mama!" and who is always game for popcorn, cookie dough, cake frosting, or any special treat is a blast! Hearing her "read" stories she weaves out of the thousands she has heard to any willing listener makes me proud. Knowing that I am the ONLY one who can really calm her down when she is upset is a special privilege that I have come to treasure, even if it's at 5 in the morning (like this morning) or holding her hair back as she throws up (like a month ago). Being the imminent and foremost Rebekah Grace Malone scholar is a cherished position indeed. I know her better than anyone in that I am with her the most and I could not, would not ever trade these days, hard as they may be for me at times, especially in a foreign land, for anything. Thank you, Lord, for my daughter- that you knew me as You do and still blessed me with such a honey humbles me. (Yes, I will dedicate a post to Luke soon!)
I love you, Rebekah. You keep me sane sometimes with your nonstop chatter and commentary on everyday activities. Thanks for that!



6 comments:
She is indeed a special girl. I'm so thankful to be her Nana, too. Look forward to seeing what the Lord will do with her life. We pray for all of you so often. Can't believe how much she has grown and changed since Luke's birth. She is a joy!!
Nana
Oh what a fun blast from the past. I forgot what her hair looked like as a newborn. Wow what a head of hair! Love the one of her stretching. As for the ones now, well she is looking so grown up. I am thrilled that God has given you so much joy in Rebekah. Keep writing. It makes us feel close to you all!
I ditto Phyllis in being her Mamama - my own special name that Rebekah came up with from Grandmama! As you know, I have thought she was the next Malone theologian since last summer when daily she had me read the book of Jonah to her in my Mom's King James Version which she endearingly called "Janie Wassell". Watching her grow and develop is a treat indeed as she is one precious and adorable girl! I agree with Carrie to in "keep writing".
What great pictures, my favorite is the first one, you and Josh are literally beaming with happiness! Rebekah looks like she is on a mission in the pumpkin patch, so cute.
So SWEET!!! Love it!
Beautiful...
Post a Comment