Friday, October 03, 2008

Mohawk Luke

I was delighted to see this morning that Luke's hair would mohawk so nicely. Love it. Yes, his face is that chubby. Also love that.


This is a really cool shopping center across from ASDA (owned by Walmart and where we grocery shop). Granted we can't afford the restaurants, it's a cool place to walk. It borders the beach. The cinema is here, too. We actually did go to Pizza Hut b/c we had a coupon for half off a pizza. We all got water, 1 pizza, and nothing else- it was still $12. Not bad, but it would have been double that and an extra $8 for 2 Cokes!!!!

We grocery shopped afterwards- not our best move. I was ready to pretend Rebekah and Luke weren't really mine. Wouldn't have worked b/c Rebekah kept crying out to me! Since then, we have procured FREE DELIVERY of online shopping!!!!!! It was amazing- I grocery shopped for the week and it was delivered the next day- amazing!!!!!! Similarly, a health visitor came by to meet the kids and set up immunizations- also such a service! Each baby gets a bag of books, too, to encourage reading. Anyway, the nurse was stunned how verbal and articulate Rebekah is. Always makes me proud- as if I have anything to do with it!


Exhausted buddy LOVING his daddy. I don't think I have mentioned just how much Luke loves his dad. Seriously, he'll be fussing with me and Josh will just talk to him and he'll calm down. That boy loves his dad. It's precious to me. Josh has done more than his share of midnight visits and feeds, so he deserves it.

Nana got little man this awesome jump suit- we love it!!

One of my more fun mothering moments- somehow I managed to leave all R's dolls in the US. This didn't go unnoticed. She asked and asked and finally just hogged the dolls at nursery and everywhere we have gone that has had one. So, I have secretly been searching. I went to T.K. Maxx (UK version of TJ Maxx :))- I found a little girl, with a paci and bottle, for the bargain price of 8 pounds, about $16. I snagged her. I could live off Rebekah's joy when she saw her!! We asked her if she wanted to name her doll. She said, "uh huh. Baby doll." Fair enough. We asked "Do you want to give her another name?" She thought and said "Her name is Mickie." Not sure where that came from, but Mickie has been at Rebekah's side since. She gets fed, burped, pacied, and napped. It's precious!!!!!


A great moment yesterday- Rebekah still narrates most of her thoughts, sometimes to her detriment. She LOVES chapstick, but seeing as she has eaten all hers, she gets supervised time with mine. She knows it goes back in my make-up bag. So, this is what she said as she left the bathroom with my chapstick, "I'm not going to put it back in Mommy's bag. I'm just gonna keep it."


For my dad: As I put up the delivered groceries, Rebes spied the minced meat (ie ground beef)- she said, "That's turtle food!"


9 comments:

Derricca said...

Your awesome Em! I think about you a lot, and find myself wondering...."I wonder what Emily is doing". I am so glad you update your blog so much so we can keep up. I still think it is the most fun to read it! I need to spend more time on here to figure out how to do the picture narrating thing. Miss you!

Andrea G. said...

Sounds like Mickie is going to be worth every penny of her 16 dollars! That is awesome that your groceries are delivered for free! No more checkout meltdowns! :) Thanks for narrating everything! Praying for you!

M. Schlansker said...

Sounds like you guys are doing well. I love the fact that R narrates her every thought. How did you keep from laughing when you heard her chapstick plan? Luke is cute as ever too! We can't wait for ours to arrive. I don't mind being pregnant but I'm getting to the "I just want my baby" point.

Shannon said...

Still lovin' our cherry chap here in the States! Big thanks to you, Aunt Emily. :)

Also, I am jealous (is that okay) of you getting your groceries delivered. Can I come live in Scotland?

P.S. I'm pretty sure I have been to that same boardwalk area by the beach. matt's parents proudly showed it to us. It is pretty neat.

Shannon said...

P.S. Rebekah's verbal skills=absolutely brilliant!!

Carrie Sterner said...

I love the new hair for little man. What I wouldn't do to squeeze those cheeks.

I am so glad that R has a new doll. Now she can "mommy" along side mommy. Best way to learn and at least risk to brother.

BTW, R is gifted, what choice did she have with her genes. :)

jamie said...

em that is awesome- and abigail loves my lip stuff too- she wants to keep mine also. hilarious that they are already into that stuff! love it!

Grandmama said...

I can't get over Luke's chunky little cheeks - what a sweetheart!

Mike + Stacey Duncan said...

mike loved the mohawk pic.... :) your kids are so adorable! i wish i could meet them!!!