This particular picture is in honor of one very special Shadley Grimes, who would applaud me for letting Bekah color all over herself and every piece of paper we have AND hanging her art. I hung her first piece of art and from then on, she madly worked to get more "hung on the wall under the big stick"- yes, the people who own this flat hung a piece of wood on the wall- not sure of its significance?
We call these "Circles"
This was a growing experience for me. Finger paints...hmm...
Luke has returned to his sleepy self- morning 1.5-2.5 hr naps, afternoon, 1.5-3 hr naps, evening nap 45min-???? He is sleeping from 7-ish pm til 5am, when he needs his paci, then back to sleep until after 7 am. This last week we had to wake him most of the evenings just to get a 4th feeding in! Josh went in to get him a couple nights ago and this is what he saw. Totally sacked out- on his tummy! On that note, Luke has been rolling more, but only when he's in the mood!
I realized last week that I haven't been reading to Luke!! I read a LOT to Rebekah when she was his age, but we have been doing so much reading when he is sleeping, that I have failed to do that for him. I noticed when I was holding R in my lap and L was in his bouncy seat, grinning at me as I read and my voice changed inflections. Yikes! I immediately snatched my boy and forced them both on my lap for family story time! Luke loved it (I am frequently shocked how much he loves new things: sliding, swinging, flying, being thrown, and now reading!) and rebekah was proud of herself and voiced it, "I'm sharing you, Mommy."
Bekah was particualrly chatty this bath and I LOVED her hair!! I have a face-only video from this bath and am dying to get it uploaded- priceless!











5 comments:
Hey Emily...cute post! I love reading blogs in the morning when I first get to work while I'm waiting for some things to download. Your kids are so cute and the stories you post are so sweet!
Hey Mama Em I know it's confusing--we visit Waxa (Waxahachie,) a lot while Sean is on trips. Since he travels four days a week (pilot) it's a huge help with the kids. That's where I grew up...and where my parents still live. We moved to Frisco about a year ago so it is home-we moved 14 days before Charlie was born! We still go to Stonebriar and when we lived in Lewisville it was convenient for Sean being so close to the airport but church was too hard. We both made the drive here at least twice a week so it made sense to move. Is this the longest comment ever?
YAY YAY YAY YAY!!! Way to go Em! I know that was hard for you to let R get so gloriously messy, but you did a wonderful thing!!! She will remember those things forever! Keep it up! And i love the Stick Wall Gallery Space.
Think they should change the name to "hand paint" or maybe even "arm paint." Good for you for expanding your motherly horizons!
Love the big girl pony tail. The girls are impressed. Personally, I loved the picture of you with the kids. Sweet smile.
As for the finger-painting, way to be a good mommy. She won't forget.
Hugs for everyone.
Post a Comment