Sunday, October 12, 2008

You're a good mommy, Mommy

Rebekah has become our/ her own cheerleader!

Here are some of the things she gets excited about:

As I'm cooking, "Mama, that's a goooood dinner! It smells good! You're good at dinner!"

As she's doing puzzles, "I'm good at these! I do very well at puzzles!"

As Josh read a book right, "Yea, Daddy!!! Yeaaaaaaaa, daddy!"

As I was just making cookies, "You're a good mommy, Mommy!"

Other new developments:

"Please help me see! It's dark! I wanns see!"

"It's not dark outside, but it's getting dark."

"I'm a big girl, not a baby. I can walk and talk."

"Mommy, where IS you? Can I come see you? Can you come here?"

"I didn't lock myself in!" (referring to her locking her door during room time and me panicking and Josh coming home from class to pick the lock, just in time to see her finally figure out how to turn the lock back)

"You're saaaad. I want to make you happy." (referring to me crying when I think about home)

"Mommy, how is things? Are things okay?"

"Do you want to go to Seaton Park?" (When did she learn the actual name?!)

"I'm just gonna go wake Lukey up." (referring to the fact that she got to watch a movie when he ate- once again narrating her intentions and therefore not getting to implement them)

I have prayed for my kids' and my niece's salvation since they were all born. I typically prayed for them "to put their trust alone in Christ alone for the forgiveness of their sins"- the other night, I altered it to "believe in Jesus" so she would understand better. Rebekah stopped the prayer and said, "Where's Christ alone? Where's sins, you know the bad things?"

Normally R greets Daddy very excitedly when he comes home from school. The other day, Rebekah was in her room and didn't notice Josh coming in. When she heard his voice, she ran in and lamented, "I didn't get to do it. I didn't get to because I was in my room. I didn't get to say, "Hi, Daddy!"

EVERY time I grate cheese, Rebekah sweetly says, "I'd like a piece for Daddy and a piece for me." She then runs the cheese in to Josh, who obliges her. The other day it was, "I'd like a piece for Daddy and a piece for me...and one for me...and one more for me."

Today at the park she said, "I'm not right there 'cuz I'm right here."

5 comments:

Andrea G. said...

Oh Emily, I miss that little girl! What a sweetheart! I can't believe she knows the name of the park... well I guess it shouldn't be suprising. She is SO SMART! I love the affirmation she is giving you. You are such a good mommy!

Nana Phyllis said...

It was such fun hearing Bekah sing twinkle, twinkle, little star yesterday. Tell her Nana and Papa are proud of her for singing on camera. She is such fun to listen to. I can't imagine how much more she will be saying and putting together by Christmas. Can't wait! You are both such great parents - we are blessed to have you raising our grandchildren to know the Lord.
Nana

Grandmama said...

Wow! Rebekah is amazing! Her verbal abilities and thought processes continue to warm my heart as I read them. What a precious daughter she is - I especially loved her wanting to make you happy!

Derricca said...

You are a good mommy. An excellent mamma! Rebeka is right!

Off the subject. You should post about your online job that you are doing. I would love to hear about it!

Kristen E. said...

Emily! It's so good to read your blog and see and hear how things are going. R is so uber smart. If I didn't know better I'd think she was 4 or 5 by the way she talks. I miss you guys!