Monday, October 20, 2008

I've been tagged...


So, it was inevitable...with as many blogs as I keep track of, it was bound to happen!

Okay:

1. I could cook all day and not be tired of it! My best days are those in preparation for Thanksgiving and Christmas when I have a million things to make from scratch- I typically wake up earlier than usual because I'm so excited! Additionally, I only enjoy it if I make it from scratch. So, I LOVE making my babies' their baby food. Unfortunately, NEITHER of my kids has loved eating solids! Along those lines, I am totally bummed if we have left-overs, even if they're delicious, because I soo enjoy cooking! So, living in Scotland where eating out is at Burger King and rare at that, is ideal for me! Moreover, I LOVE bowls. Ramekins, mixing bowls, serving bowls, you name it, I want it! I would LOVE to have a job that involved cooking, except that I am in NO way a perfectionist- I don't care what it looks like or any kind of presentation, I just savor making and eating it. Last thing- one of my favorite things is watching people eat meals they love, such as my daughter or husband. Watching Rebekah grin and say "Excited!!!!!" as I make a meal she loves warms my mama's heart. So does making a dessert or meal especially for Josh. The way to his heart s either via theology or thru his stomach!


2. I am a terrible baker! Evidently, baking requires chemistry, a subject in which I did not excel. When you cook, you can experiment and change things with little to worry about. When baking, 1/4 means 1/4...no good for me.

3. I count almost everything I see- and lots of times at that. I count words in a sentence, colors in a picture, lines on the road, letters in a word, etc. I count by clicking it off on my teeth, going back and forth from side to side- I like to start and end on my left side, which means it's an odd number. So, I'll keep counting until I can do that. Did I really just admit that?

4. I don't think calories count if there's not any fat in something. This amuses Josh greatly. For example, Sour Patch Kids don't have an fat, so their calories are worthless and I can eat as many as I want.

5. I have to touch new textures- I am just asking for illness b/c I touch everything and don't wash my hands afterwards. Rebekah seems to take after me in this.

6. I LOVE crime shows, comedies, and Project Runway, as well as Top Chef. I could watch tv all day, I think, but I don't enjoy renting movies very much. I do LOVE going to the movies because I love the atmosphere and very buttery popcorn and massive Diet Cokes.

7. I have traveled to the east and west coast, Canada, Virgin Islands, Alaska, and Germany. I have lived in various parts of TX, OK, IA, Spain, and now Scotland, which should make me adventurous and fun. However, my faves are TX and IA because of the people I love there. I hope to go back someday. :)

Okay, Carrie, Shannon, Kate, Rachel G., Rachel O., Tammy E., Gwyneth, and Sarah P., you're it!

7 comments:

Nana Phyllis said...

I learned something new about you. I didn't know about the counting. Interesting! We in Texas love you all lots and can't wait to see you in a couple of months!!

Nana

Lisa said...

Seven special things about YOU! You're wonderful, you know, and I miss you. Hope you are having a good day and remembering how loved you are.
Lisa

jamie said...

ok ps i have to say you are not a bad baker AT ALL- i remember many homemade cakes etc here that i would eat the whole thing! :)

jamie said...

and i'm with ya on the sour patch thing-

Andrea G. said...

What I wouldn't give for your love and true joy of cooking. How do you develop that? I don't want my daughter to hate as I do I want to learn to love to do it as a way to bless my family and others! I welcome any suggestions!

Also, I agree with Jamie's comment on your baking... those cookies, carrot cake, cheesecakes, c'mon you goof!

Grandmama said...

You may not enjoy sticking to the recipe but the things you bake are delicious!! Carrot cake, Italian Cream cake, coconut pie, chocolate chip cookies to name a few! What a precious daughter to get so excited about your cooking - I'm so glad she's such a bright spot in your days!!

Anonymous said...

Nah, you weren't rude! I laughed! But where'd I miss a comma??? LOL