On Sunday, we tried to have a picnic at the park. As Rebekah chattered, "Can I eat my chips in the car?" we realized it might be too cold. So, she was delighted to have an inside picnic!
This is Melissa and Kate. Josh blessed me by keeping the kids while we had breakfast. Their husbands did likewise. Melissa has Jamie, who is 16 months (boy) and Kate has Lily (20 mos or so) and is expecting #2 in the spring. Melissa came when we did and Kate got here last year. They are really fun and Kate might be the only person who talks more than I do or is as opinionated! ;)
Funny happenings:
Rebekah noticed Josh's chest hair this week. She pulled his shirt down and grabbed a fistful of it. She inquisitively examined it, then looked up at Josh's hair. She asked, "Does this match that?" Josh said "Kind of." Then, she rubbed his goatee-thingy and asked, "Does it belong to this?" Josh gave in and said yes. :)
She also dropped some crumbs on the floor. She is quick to let me know and supervise my cleaning up of her messes. She pointed to the table and said "I dropped them here." As I was wiping it off, she patted the chair and said "And here, too." Then, I wasn't moving quickly enough and she tapped her foot, pointing her toe at what was on the floor, and impatiently said, "And here, too, Mommy. I spilled here too. Clean it up!"
Rebekah had one of those special poops where it stands straight up on the side of the toilet bowl- her excited observation: Look, Mommy, it's a sandcastle poopy!
I put her to bed tonight and she could only see my shadow. She says, "Mommy, I can't see you." I say "But you can hear me." "But, I want to see your face." I turn on the light to an extremely triumphant grin.
Rebekah picked out a toy "for Luke" that she then proceeded to play with herself. What amused me more is that it is a caterpillar that has a lot of twisty segments. She twisted it with one hand and held it with the other- she then pretended to be grinding pepper for imaginary food.
I frequently tell her it's hard to hold your hand when I'm carrying Luke/groceries/trash/etc. Yesterday, Rebekah told me, "Mommy, it's hard to hold your hand when you have keys." Fair enough.
Today we went to the park again (it was yucky this morning and beautiful this afternoon). When R asked if we could go earlier, I said no, it wasn't a good day for the park. When we went after naps, Rebekah said, "Now it's a good day for the park!" At the park, Rebekah applied her newly-learned knowledge of shadows and was excited to see her shadow while swinging. In fact, she had to turn the other way to better see it. (side note- she looked out our window after it was dark and was excited to see her "shadow" there, too! We then talked about reflections."
And the winner is….
9 years ago







4 comments:
Wow, you are quick to blog! That's so funny to already see the picture up :). That was a lot of fun this morning; hope we can do it again sometime.
Rebekah should teach classes or something. She's a brain surgeon.
I love the picture Luke... what a cutie pie! Rebekah continues to make me laugh even from many miles away. I love the inside picnic! We will need to try that this winter.
Rebekah never stops amazing me with her vocabulary and understanding of the world around her. What a sweetie she is. Luke is precious - what great smiles he has. Can't wait to hear him giggle for us at Christmas.
Nana
Post a Comment