




Today is your birthday, Mom. I used to always see you on yourbirthday, but the last 2 years, I have been in Iowa, altho I was there for one of them. Now, I'm in Scotland and feel very remote indeed. I wish I could just hug you and treat you to a day full of movies and buttered popcorn and Rt 44 Diet Cokes with Cherry and Lime and chips and salsa and Snappy salads and getting our nails done and tons of time together. That's what you would do for me.
But, since we're not gonna get to do that, let me tell you how much I love you! I have posted these pictures of you with my kids because that's one of my favorite memories of you- lovin' on my kids! I could not have felt more loved by you as a child and you have extended that to my own children. The thing that touches me most these days is people who appreciate how precious my kids are. Not that they're that well-behaved, etc., but that they are Rebekah and Luke and no one else is them. You LOVE my children and would do anything for them. I love that! You also do anything you can to make my life better- from buying Luke's formula to praying for me daily, you constantly are there for me. I know we don't always make the same decisions (what mother and daughter do?), but I always know we'll work it out and that our relationship is bigger.
Mom, I love you. Happy birthday. Have a Sonic drink for me!



2 comments:
I also want to say Happy Birthday to Gayle! You add so much to my portrait of a godly mother and grandmother. I am so glad to know you and so thankful you seem glad to know me. Happy, happy birthday!!
Emily,
I am just now seeing this as I could not open your blog on my phone the last couple of days. You must be wondering if I ever look at your blog! Well, yes I do with regularity except when out of town. Thank you my sweet girl for writing this for me - you are treasured by me! What's really fun is that now that you are a Mom, you truly do understand how much I love you, and yes that does very definately extend to your children who are adorable indeed! I had a good birthday with your Dad and loved the visit with you!
Shannon, I'm very glad to know you! Thank you for being such a great friend to Emily!! I will be meeting your friend Maria's Dad tomorrow - what a small world!
Post a Comment