He is a sweet little guy who laughs and snuggles and fills my heart with joy. You have to know his big sister set the bar pretty high and yet somehow this little man of ours has set his own and
I am crying as I write because my heart is so full of love for my children. In this crazy time of transition for us, I need those little guys and the delight they bring to every moment.
Rebekah helped me make a rather successful yellow cake with chocolate frosting- tricky to convert all the measurements!! Anyway, she was pretty tickled by the frosting on her face. She has this brilliant mirror that is on the lower half of her bedroom door, so she gets to check herself out as frequently as she wants. She cracks herself up.
Rebekah singing happy birthday..."It's probably my birthday"
me: "When's your birthday?"
R: "Probably my birthday is on the bench...or in July...right now it's in July...you're laughin' because I'm funny!"
R: Where's Daddy?
me: He's in class.
R: No, he's not in class (then why did you ask, I wonder?). He's Bible studying.
Context- me frustrated b/c Luke is refusing to eat solids for the 50th time. I take a break and look back to see a sisterly pep talk: Okay, Luke. Now, I want you to eat. That's right- good, boy!! See, I'm gonna eat, too. Now, swallow!
(At lunch) Thanks for the biiig apple, Mommy! I liiiike apples!
She now knows all 4 of our whole names. Incidentally, Mickie's whole name as volunteered by R is Mickie Grace Mamone. Sound familiar?
Every night, R asks to pray for Anabelle, Little Grace, and Miss Grace. Miss Grace is our sweet neighbor. Friday night, R wanted to pray for Miss Grace's daddy by name. We have never seen or discussed this man, so I didn't know his name. As if I just wasn't getting the request, R tried asking again: "What's Miss Grace's Josh's name?"
Referring to Luke- "Where's Buddy's food? Where's baby boy?"
Singing to herself, "Bob, the builder, yes we can! Muck and Dizzy.....Lofty and Wendy join the crew!"
She noticed outside it was windy, but not Wendy from Bob the Builder, that's another Wendy.
Wow, Daddy! You're making lots of kinds of things!
To her Nana, "I'm doing all kinds of things!"
This book is about a shepherd an a wittle wost wamb. But the shepherd finds the wamb- he's okay. Read it! (the teacher and English major part of me marvels at her ability to retell and summarize stories)
Josh was playing with R's toes and annoying her, I guess. She asked him not to do it, so he transitioned to playing Mickie's toes. (side note- R knows she can't play with Luke while he's eating b/c he gets distracted) So, Rebekah ordered, "Don't play with her while she's eating" and promptly put her bottle in her mouth.
Hope you enjoyed as much as we do!!









9 comments:
Rebekah is one smart little cookie!Love the pictures.
What cute pics. I love the second one of Bekah. What a sweet smile. Chocolate does that to me too!! Luke is too cute along with his cute dad!
Much love from Nana and Papa.
I think I called that he looked like your dad with in days of his birth! : I haven't seen your brother in person, but I definitely see your dad! I love to hear the details of what they are doing. The mirror and Rebekah crack me up, as well as her "probably". David is done with "probably" and really into "actually" now.
I love it that you got a real smile out of Rebekah - probably because of all the frosting on her face! Who does she remind you of looking in the mirror all the time?? The things she says just keep getting better!!!
I can't even tell you how many time and for how long I gazed at Luke. How handsome in the sweater. Love that little guy.
What I wouldn't do to carry on a conversation in person with Rebekah. She really really makes me laugh. I am so glad that God uses your little ones in so many ways to touch your heart (and ours). :) Missing you guys!
I just had to laugh at all the adorable things Rebekah says. Thanks for sharing. It's great to see all the pics and to hear how you are doing. I'm so glad God has blessed you with those two beautiful children. I miss all of you guys!
Yes, yes, yes! I loved every one of them. It makes me feel like we're livin' life right there with you in Scotland!
Thank you and keep recording these for us all, but especially me. :)
LOve you!
Your kids have the cutest smiles!!! Loved talking to you yesterday. Still laughing at how we forget how hard it was for the first child, now that we are dealing with the second and their trials. It feels like a whole new challenge and a whole lot harder. Motherhood is so interesting, I love every minute of it. Keep posting pics, love it!!!
Love all these sayings..cracked me up! MISS YOU!! Sending big hugs to your neck!
Post a Comment