Sunday, November 08, 2009

I thought this day would never come...

Luke is sort of walking! If you count 5 steps at a time in order to get marshmallows, then our boy is walking! His actual first steps today were from Josh's hands to me in the kitchen- so we both got to be there!

Okay- so not the greatest video, but it's like when they first start sitting and you are torn b/w running to get the camera and staying put in case they fall. So, we had to try to video while still playing a supporting role.



He has been walking back and forth b/w us a few steps at a time lots of times today- mostly for treats, but we'll take it!

15 comments:

Derricca said...

Good for you Luke!!!! Yay! I knew he would, he is just a boy that likes to take his time, no hurries. :-) Love that it was for marshmallows!! Hilarious.

Nana Phyllis said...

YEAH LUKE!! You will be running after Duncan in a month. I knew he would in his time. Great to see the video. Can't wait to see all of you REALLY SOON!!

Mamama said...

Who hoooooooo for Luke - I'm so proud of him!! Looking forward to seeing you THURSDAY!!

Mark and Rachel said...

That's great! How fun! He'll be a pro when you guys get back!

The Reid Family said...

Awesome!

Kate E. said...

Yay!! Go Luke! One of my first thoughts, though, was 'Of course he walked for carbs.' A little guy after my own heart. ;)
Oh, and I am sad you will be leaving me on Thursday. Just thought I'd throw that in there since everyone else is excited about seeing you then. :)

Andrea G. said...

EMILY!!!!! WE HAVE BEEN PRAYING FOR THIS!!! YEAH! Praise the Lord!!!!

Geer Family said...

Luke! You did not pick the best of times to walk for your mommmy since your are fixin' to get on a long airplane ride! :)

Mary said...

Hooray Luke!! So happy for him! I bet he is a proud boy :)

Joy said...

that's so great! Isn't being a mom so much fun!?

M. Schlansker said...

Yay Luke! I'm so excited for y'all to get to go back home. I know you will enjoy every moment!

Kristin Barnett said...

Oh yes, bribery is a good friend of ours. :) That's totally how we got Allison to take her first steps!

We're so happy for Luke!

The Green Family said...

Wahoo, Luke!!!! Hurray! There's no stopping him now! Have a fantastic trip home. ENJOY!

Emmy said...

Oh, good for you, Luke.
I think Luke and Charlie Wilborn will make a very happy laid-back couple one day. !!

Shannon said...

This is absolutely so cool to see!!! I know you must be so proud but also wanting to enjoy right where he is since one day it won't be single steps, but lots of running. :) So happy for you all and for dear Luke!!! Can't wait to see him. Love you all!!