Monday, November 30, 2009

We are alive

I know I have been a delinquent blogger of late, but I have just been loving time with family and friends and have not chosen to use down time to do much fun computer stuff.

Anyway. we celebrated TG with my parents and Josh's, as well as his sister. They drove up and even gave us their hotel room for a night away while they were in Dallas- bless them! We flew out to Iowa City Friday morning and are still here until early tomorrow morning. The flights went well and sweet Luke stretched out on my lap and took a little snoozer- always fun. We arrived to a very excited Sterner family- Carrie is my mentor/discipler/dear friend with whom I met every week for 2 years. I invited myself over one day when Rebekah was tiny and we just kept at it until we moved. We just love this family and have been so spoiled by them and their 5 children!! I am amazed at how awesome each child is and how much they love on my own 2.

While here, we have relaxed, fellowshipped, played, and met with lots of "old" friends. It has been poignant and very precious to be here. Josh preached yesterday and did so well! I am always proud. Sadly, Rebekah and I threw up throughout the night Saturday night, so nothing went as planned yesterday, but we both felt better mid-morning. I left her and a napping Luke at home with Carrie (bless her for caring for my family as if they were her own) so I could hear Josh preach. I chatted with friends and returned home, napped R and myself (Luke decided he wasn't tired in the afternoon :)) on my bed (so sweet to share these sleepy times with my kids), and then we went back to the church for a reception for us. That sounds more formal than it was. Regardless, we always feel so loved here.
l
Last night, Carrie and I left our 7 children in our husbands' capable hands and enjoyed a fabulous girls' night with some of my best pals. We laughed for 3 hrs straight. Seriously.

This morning, Amanda planned a play group, so I got to see all my friends' kids a year and a half older- crazy!! Josh is having a staff lunch with the church staff. Tonight we have a pot luck at the church with our friends and their families.

I will have pics when I'm on my own computer again, but needless to say this has been a wonderful time!! Mad props to Carrie and Andrea for planning the girls' night and pot luck, and to Amanda for the crazy play group!!

4 comments:

Nana Phyllis said...

So glad you are feeling better and haven't missed out on visiting with your friends. Hope today was wonderful!

Becky McCord said...

I love the header pic. So sweet- our little ones. Won't last long.

Geer Family said...

How wonderful! I know what you mean by not wanting to spend your down time blogging. I just want to sit in my fam's presence. No need for words ;)
Have a great time with what's left of it and maybe someday we'll get to meet :)

Joy said...

sounds like you all are having fun!