Thursday, November 19, 2009

Texas treats

A boy after my own heart.

Tuesday evening, Josh flew out to New Orleans for a conference (I'm totally jealous b/c he's hanging with 2 of our best friends), and my dad kept Luke while the girls went out to eat at Sweet Tomatoes. My goodness, it was amazing. (p.s. Dad kept Luke b/c this is not Luke's kind of food and he was supposed to go to bed at 7-ish. We got home at 7:30 to see a very chipper and happy little boy very much awake in the living room. It's hard to put a giggly baby to bed. :))

Beks loved the teeny tiny ice cream cone afterwards.

I loved the 45 feet of fresh food- best salad bar, potato bar, soups, and fresh bread with whipped butter- and at the end pumpkin caramel yumminess.

I would say after eating 45 feet of fresh farm food, there's not a whole lot to feel good about.

Yesterday, my dad kept Luke and the girls went shopping- ALL day! We ate at Macaroni Grill, got Sonic treats, of course, and did some much-needed Texas shopping. Luke had a ball with Grandi and ate his weight in honey-roasted peanuts and bread and butter pickles. he walked a lot evidently and destroyed one of their cactuses. Dad thought it was hilarious.

I couldn't get over my amusement at an 18 month-sized birthday boy onesie. I should have gotten it for Callum.

9 comments:

Carley said...

Hey! I'm glad you are having such a fun time in Texas. I was sooo sad to miss the premier party but we were in Austin. Glad you're getting so much sonic! That's a daily treat for us! :) I love seeing your pics. I have that birthday boy bib for Cody but haven't ever seen the onesie. How funny! Enjoy all your Texas shopping/food/treats/friends!

Nana Phyllis said...

When do I get to go to Sweet Tomatoes? Looks like my kind of place - yummy! Counting the days until MONDAY when we'll see you.

The Reid Family said...

I get on blogger and what's the first thing I see...a HUGE Sonic cup. You have no idea how many times we've mentioned happy hour at Sonic...it's the little things that you miss. Hope you guys are having fun!

Kate E. said...

Sweet Tomatoes/Souplantion is my favorite restaurant! Unfortunately there isn't one in Georgia, so I hope you ate some Wonton Chicken Happiness for me.
Also, love the onesie. They make it for children like mine who happen to be chubby and tall and ginormous as babies. I'll forgive you for not buying it for him since we do get all of your hand me downs and since I'm pretty sure your basil is going to die. Two different people have told me that basil always dies here in the winter, so I would just like that to go on the record. (But it isn't dead yet, just so you know!)

Andrea G. said...

Sounds like so much fun! The Sweet Tomato sounds great!! Love to hear about Luke and your dad!

Carrie Sterner said...

There is just something really fun knowing those smiling faces are in TX. So excited to see you guys! We will wait our turn, somewhat patiently. :)

gregandmindy3 said...

Okay so I have never eaten at sonic and am dying to know what the big deal is, that you are going for there. I too am a lover of diet pop, but does it really taste better there???

M. Schlansker said...

So glad y'all are having fun!

Joy said...

i just met your husband.. next step, meeting you and your sweet children!