I don't really have any new pics (shocking, I know), but we are doing well and are looking forward to our trip home NEXT WEEK. :) I haven't seen most of my side of the family for a year and will get to meet my brand new nephew!!!!
Rebekah is cracking me up- she thinks thru everything and still wants to know how everything works. She is my little helper in any way possible and mostly enjoys doing it. :)
Luke is talking more and more- I was worried he wasn't saying much, but...
Mama
Dada
Baba/Bah-Kah (Bekah)
bah (ball)
bow (bounce/up b/c he wants to bounce and has to get up to do it)
Uh! (up)
dow (down)
saaaaaw (sock)
sue (shoe)
mah (more)
puh (please)
woh-oh-va (roll over)
baaaa
neigh
moooo
siiide (outside)
ca-cah (cracker)
I'd say that's 6-8 (which is what an 18 month old should be doing, or so I hear). :) I was surprised how many he does try to say when I actually started counting. We are really working on it so he can communicate more. He doesn't say all these at all the right times, especially please, but we're trying. :) He has been a happy little bug the past few days- a new friend commented how cute and fun he was yesterday when she saw him and I inwardly laughed b/c I thought to myself that's because you've only seen him fuss! We are trying to drop the morning nap and we'll see how it goes- I imagine we will resume it when we jet lag and they're up at 4am b/c it feels like 10am! Oh well- I know he can function and it has been fun! Luke really likes to organize things and put them inside containers. He also loves to hand you things- he will not just drop it- he makes noise until you realize what's he doing, then he is so happy to hand whatever it is off. he also has just discovered light switches and, I kid you not, his whole face lights up too as he sees the cause and effect- he is all boy like that- loves seeing how what he does affects what something else does. Thus, he loves all those buttons and gadgets on toys/books Rebekah never noticed at his age.
I'll work on more pics tomorrow!
And the winner is….
9 years ago



4 comments:
We do need some pictures!! Love all the words Luke is using. I knew he knew at least six. Love hearing all about the progress they are both making. Can't wait for you to be in the same time zone next week!!!
SOOOO happy to hear how happy Luke has been the last couple of days and amazed at the list! Love the roll over especially :) So cute!
So proud of Luke's words and will love hearing them in person -
Love love the rollover! Enjoying TX right now. Have a safe trip!
Post a Comment