I mentioned the other day that Rebekah is my little helper. Here we are cutting the tips off green beans. Rebekah was very precise and cut off as little as possible, but sometimes made the judgment call on if a green bean was a little too icky and just cut all that part off. Good instincts, I must say. We did have to trade scissors b/c she was sure mine were better.
Such a ham.
This morning at the grocery store.
At lunch- we are so lucky to have Josh come home for lunch every day! I did actually take this picture to show off my hydrangeas. They were so hugely in bloom that the whole plant was listing to one side, begging to be trimmed.
Luke was playing with clothes pins- loves to collect and organize.
Aren't they gorgeous??? I LOVE hydrangeas and could not be happier that we have a plant of our own. They are so ultra low maintenance- what could be better?
side note- he has been napping 1 1/2-2 hours, which is decent for him. I honestly think once he settles into this new routine, we'll either see later sleep-ins or longer naps. I imagine he might be the kind of kid who regularly takes a 2 or 3 hour nap. We'll see. I have come to the conclusion that if I had to choose b/w a mostly happy kid who doesn't sleep terribly long or a fussy kid who sleeps really well, I'll take the happy one!
side note 2- Rebekah doesn't really nap anymore. Of course, we are fine with it if she needs to, but mostly she just plays with toys on her bed. She pushes her mattress away from the wall and has created a little cozy area for herself and her dolls. She calls it "downstairs" and that's where the girls have to sleep at nap time. My biggest issue is keeping her in bed. I need to work or get caught up on stuff and I think it's good for her to rest, so I do like her to have some time by herself. However, she is eager to find reasons to come downstairs, which unfortunately is very loud for a sleeping little boy with no door! So, we are working on getting all the pottying done prior to the nap and not coming down!! Sometimes, if it's nice out, I'll make a phone call out back, and I'll hear a little hand knocking on her bedroom window glass and see my precious one waving at me and blowing kisses. Very sweet.



4 comments:
Love the little helper. Can't wait for her to cook and bake with Nana. we have the star cookie cutters ready. Luke is so cute with his "car" on the floor. One week from today you will be in Texas!!!! Can't wait to talk to you in the same time zone.
The flowers are beautiful, the sunglasses adorable, and Rebekah's antics hilarious! LOVE the one nap :) David is waking up at 6:00am on the dot with the time change... be thankful for 7:00! :) If only I could get my husband up that early to go get him :)
Great times ahead with Rebekah helping - you'll be here this time next week!! Love the flowers and the children -
Too precious. I feel like I'm in it with you with the whole napping thing. E pretty much doesn't nap at all (albeit she did today). Also, Abigail is transitioning to her new big girl bunk bed, so we're working on falling asleep right away instead of an hour after I put her in there. Crazy girl!!! :)
Anywho, love the pics and love the image of little Rebes waving at you. She sure loves you, quite the sign that you are an AWESOME, loving Mommy.
Can't wait to see you!
Post a Comment