Sunday, November 15, 2009

Our trip so far...

So, we're still here, I just now am blogging again. :) Each day/night is getting better. The kids add an hour or so to their sleep each night- R was up at 5am and Luke closer to 6 this morning, so that's good. Luke and I don't really have internal clocks- if we're tired, we sleep! Josh and Rebes, on the other hand, take a little longer to adjust. In fact, Josh hasn't slept past 1 or 2 am yet. :( Luke has resumed his 1-nap routine and has shocked me how well he has done even with jet lag. Granted he is getting 11-ish hrs/night, but he usually gets more.

The kids are getting over their colds, and I just got it and feel run over. Poor things- I always forget how yucky they must feel when sick. This afternoon, for a lot of reasons, Josh and Luke napped in the same room, and Rebekah and I napped in the same room. That is a first all the way around. After waiting it out, I invited Rebekah to bunk with me and after another 30 minutes or so, we fell asleep snuggled up. It was precious and a memory I will cherish. :)

Luke loves my parents! He very clearly said, "Mamama" and reached for my mom yesterday, which earned him a lot of points. He and my dad are buddies, too. He has been walking a lot and is very steady.

I got to see my brother and his family- which meant meeting my nephew! Both kids are just wonderful, and Riley was an equal opportunist with my 2, playing with both. They had a blast!

And, for the pics...

Before we left- watching a movie at Lily's...

The morning of our trip in the airport at 5am.

In the Minneapolis airport, letting them stretch their legs after an 8 1/2 hr flight.

Rebekah telling me, "I sure wish I could take a nap." :( HATE seeing my kids so tired.

Yea for ginormous American items!!

My fist Rt 44 Diet Coke- I think I've had 2/day, trying to stay awake past 6pm and for sheer enjoyment.

Yea for REAL chips and salsa!

Yea for my precious nephew, who is a peanut!

Becky with the girls

Isn't this a great photo of William?

This was hilarious!!! Luke was really sick and quite fussy this night, but found so much joy smacking my brother with his new toothbrush. You can see how amused Billy was.

6 comments:

Joy said...

your little rebekah is beautiful.
love that you are enjoying American foods like Diet Coke :). Thanks for the quick reply to my facebook message too! I hope you get over your cold!

The Magsigs said...

Love the pics and am so glad that y'all got their safely. I will be praying that the sleep adjusts quickly, I remember how much you and I both like sleep :) I wish we could see y'all while you are in Texas but traveling with a newborn isn't going to happen...BUT would love to set up a phone date? Let me know when is good. Shoot, I'm up nursing and am 2 hours behind y'all so we could even do an early morning call while they last :) Tell your fam hello from us!

The Magsigs said...

And I did finally update our blog (and fb of course) with pics of Levi. Your mom said that Levi and your nephew were born within hours of each other. How fun!

Mary said...

a moment of silence for your sonic run.

i'm glad you are enjoying at least two a day! you deserve it after this long of waiting.

not sure what your plans still entail but we are still recovering at home from the surgery--but doing very well so i'd love to see y'all :)

Anonymous said...

Huarache 08 BBall
Nike_Huarache_08_Bball_(black__anthracite__red)
Nike_Huarache_08_Bball_(black__white__royal)
Nike_Huarache_08_Bball_(white__black__red)
Nike_Huarache_08_Bball_(white__navy__uni_blue)




Kevin Garnett
1996_Nike_Air_Garnett_I_(black__white)
Nike_Air_Bakin_(black__black__silver)
Nike_Air_Bakin_(black__red__orange)
Nike_Air_Bakin_(black__royal_blue__silver)
Nike_Air_Bakin_(black__white__flint)
Nike_Air_Bakin_(cool_grey__matte_silver)
Nike_Air_Bakin_(obsidian__orange__white)
Nike_Air_Garnett_III_(whtblue)
Nike_Flightposite_3_(Battle_Ground_Gold)

trina said...

hooray for Sonic!
thanks for keeping us posted, and i hope the transition to American time comes soon for all 4 of you!