Thursday, August 13, 2009

My 30th Birthday

Tuesday was my 30th birthday- yikes!! The fun thing is that Josh instituted birthday week a long time ago- you get a whole week of birthday festivities! So, needless to say, I had a great birth-week!

Josh, the kids, and I went out to lunch Sunday at the Ashvale, a great fish restaurant. Then, Tuesday night, Josh collaborated with Kate for a girls' night at Friday's. We had a great time there! I think there were 8 of us, and I felt very special. :)

Josh also set up a date for us for Wednesday night. He got Katrina to babysit for us (thanks, Trina!) and planned the whole evening. The cool thing was my parents contacted Josh and payed for it all! So, we went to Rustico (my fave!) and I got an olive appetizer and a delicious shrimp pasta. Then, we went to the movies and saw The Proposal (definitely what I wanted to see!) and I got a huge fountain Coke Zero and popcorn- yummy!! It was great- truly, I enjoyed our date sooo much! Thank you, Josh, for planning it, and Mom and Dad for paying for it! I even got to wear a cute new sweater from the pile of new clothes Josh's parents gave me for my bday last month- am I loved or what? I also got more cards than I know what to do with, including 4 from the States!

Precious Rebekah was so happy to wish me a happy birthday all day. :) She asked me where my princess cake was, and seemed distraught that no one was here to make Mommy a cake. 10 minutes later, she called to me from upstairs, saying, "I'm ready, Mommy!" Luke and I joined her and that darling girl had found her pretend cake, candles, ice cream, forks, and drinks for us all! She even sang happy birthday to me. She is so amazing.

Luke just looked cute. :)

We then played dress-up

And Luke pretended to feed himself with R's dishes

(and was quite proud of himself)

And we walked on walls (this was actually yesterday, I think)

And shared Diet Coke

This was this morning- Luke loves sitting in the boot (aka the trunk)

11 comments:

Mary said...

Happy Happy Birthday friend!! I'm a few tiny months older than you but you seem worlds wiser :)

What a great birthday! Good job Josh and good job parents. Pretty new sweater-You look lovely!

Shadley said...

Em, you are such a fox in that new sweater!

Happy Birthday!!! I wish I were there to share a giant Coke Zero with you!

Carley said...

Happy Birthday Emily!

codi said...

Happy birthday, Em! Looks like a fantasic birthday week-Josh did a great job:) I forgot to comment last time that I love your new hair. It is super cute on you!

Sarah M said...

Ohmygoodness! I am in my office squealing about these new pics. My neice and nephew are too cute...and their parents are bad either! Glad you got a fantastic birthday week. Josh never celebrated my birthday week all those years of living together...

Nana Phyllis said...

So glad your birthday week has been GREAT! New pictures are really cute. Bekah has a sweet heart to "bake" you a birthday cake. I'd have made a castle cake for you if I was there.

Andrea G. said...

I stink at remembering birthdays! I need a birthday alarm clock :) I know there is something somewhere on facebook, but haven't figured that out... sorry friend!

I would like to wish you from the bottom of my heart a HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!

What a very special birthday week! I am so glad you could be showered with attention and love! You are loved by so many!

Any new revelations now that you are 30?

Becky McCord said...

Cute hair! Fun week out- Luke is TOO much!

Anonymous said...

um...i'm thinking that birthday week sounds like a GREAT idea...especially since mine is next in our fam! rebekah's "party" for you was completely precious! it made me cry that she was so thoughtful and could pull together a party for 3 in just 10 minutes. i need some hostessing lessons from her! glad you had a great birthday. welcome to 30 ;)

The Green Family said...

Happy belated 30th, Emily!! Wish I could have been there to celebrate with you. Being in your 30's isn't so bad . . . ;-)

Mamama said...

I tried to write you a message another day and was having troubles with my password. I'm so glad that you and Josh had a fun date to celebrate your 30th birthday, and that the celebration was carried out for the week!! I think that Rebekah's birthday celebration for you was very special and very touching - what a precious daughter you have Emily!!! Much love to you as always -