Sunday, August 02, 2009

Miscellaneous

I am still putting the finishing touches on things at the flat, so when that is done, i will post pics. For now, I thought you would enjoy seeing Luke's BFF... (best friend forever)

Banchory

New flat...


Fortunately, we were able to fit the kids in the car when we moved...

I mentioned the guys at the HUB getting Rebekah a gift...here it is...

On our way in to church this am, we heard bag pipes- this was a parade literally outside the church doors! Rebekah is obsessed with kilts now, so it was fun for her to see, though she was so excited to go back to our church, she practically skipped by.

Luke pulls up A LOT and actually cruises quite a bit, too. One day he might walk. ;)

I was just putting Rebekah to bed. She is pretty precious at bed time, and I have learned (thanks to my wonderful friend, Carrie) not to rush those tender moments. As I was praying I accidentally said "and i pray for her salvation"- I usually try to use woprds she'll understand. Anyway, the conversation went like this:

Mom, what is salvation?

It means that you believe in Jesus.

What does believe in Jesus mean?

(me thinking...) That you love him.

Oh. Well, then I believe in you, too, Mom.


Oh my word. Delightful. I LOVE my kids!!!!

7 comments:

Mary said...

And we believe in you too, Emily. Such a sweet story!! That a girl, enjoying the small moments that really really make the hard stuff so much easier! I need one of those moments today :) We tried to put Joy in our closet to sleep (temporarily until she sleeps as much as Charlie and we can put them together,) and we were both up constantly. Ugh.

Shannon said...

Presh!! And what a wonderful opportunity to talk about THE most significant things with your children. Good job of being an EXCELLENT mom, Emmie!! Love to you and all Malones!

P.S. matt's dad has a kilt AND had worn it. :)

P.S.S. a little "house" warming package is on the way. There's a little something for each member of the fam, even Josh.

Shadley said...

that is super adorable! she is so cute and smart.

Carrie Sterner said...

Love how no matter what tv or where Luke is looking at it. That is so boy! He should watch with the Sterner boys. Now that would be a hilarious picture! His face in the last one is a stitch.

I echo Shannon, way to be a great mom. Good job seizing the moment. You have just tasted one of the sweet rewards of patience and not rushing. Good reminder for us all.

Hugs full of love for you Emily!

Mamama said...

What a precious daughter you have -I lover her response to your explanation! Luke looks adorable -so fun seeing him standing up!! Love to you my dear daughter - I'm proud of you!!

Anonymous said...

such a sweet r story! i'll look forward to those moments one day.

enjoy luke and his tv fix for now! emory has NO interest in TV. makes for very busy days without breaks for mommy to clean up emmy's messes. ;) trust me, i've encouraged interest in every possible children's program. no luck.

The Magsigs said...

I just know our Lukes would love each other. They would be content to eat and watch Veggies, and look good doing it :) We've been having to put our Luke through TV detox since we've been back from visiting family in Texas. We used it to keep him busy on the plane rides and in the car. What did they do before portable dvd players?!?