Our church was having a family service for their version of VBS (but for older kids- bummer) Sunday and therefore would not be offering creche (nursery). We decided to stay home and listen to a sermon (kids and we were coughing anyway and some people would prefer not to be around that, I guess). Anyway, it was beautiful and Josh thought it would be fun to hit Dunnottar again (the ruins I have pictured 3 or 4 times). We have season passes there and try to go once a month or so.
If I were a cow, this is where I would want to live...

Luke is getting too heavy for me in the backpack, so I finally gave up. :( I really liked carrying him and having his sweet face next to mine.

The girls 9rebekah insisted upon a short-sleeved shirt over her long-sleeved shirt, just like mine)



What a ham- this was the pre-taping of the happy birthday video from yesterday.

Luke didn't get up until 8am Monday morning and didn't want to take a morning nap. So Monday and yesterday (also a later morning), I tried to 1-nap it for him...whoa. We are not there! Even though he climbed to the baby gate at the stairs and said "nuh nuh" repeatedly and grabbed his own paci, he still only slept 1 1/2 hrs Monday afternoon (fairly normal even when he has a good am nap) and 2 hrs yesterday. While I was happy with the lengths of the naps, they were not sufficient to get him through the day. He was cranky and rubbing his like mad by 6pm and just crashed before 7. (I should also mention he is currently cutting his 2nd and 3rd molars, teeth #10 and 11, and tho he is much braver this go round, he is still gnawing on his own hand and fingers :( Additionally, he has my cough and cold ) Well, he was up and at 'em at 6:30 this morning, so we reverted back to the normal 9:45 nap for 1- 1/1/2 hrs and I just put him down for his afternoon nap at 2. The reason I wanted it to work for 1 nap was so that he could sleep while R went to "school" 12:45-3:15. I am now thinking keep the morning nap (yea for sanity- looooong morning without it, eh?), just keep it short ( 1 hr or so) so he can still go down without a fight in the pm nap. Plus, I feel like if you're still crawling, you can still have your morning nap if you want it. ;)
Funny one- 2 nights ago, Rebekah was fussing about something, so I threatened her, "If you don't stop fussing, I'm going to put you straight to bed." Confident that my threat was powerful, Rebekah took me by surprise when she said, "Thank you, Mama. I do! I do want to go to bed. Thank you, I'm, tired." Well, um, bed it is. :)
3 comments:
Treasure these times of agreement from Rebekah about going to bed when tired. Hope it continues - Love it! I think shorter nap in the morning for Luke is just the ticket. He will get some rest and still be ready when you are for afternoon napping.
Luke is definitely a sleep-lover! Both my boys were, as well. Love R's comment about bed-that's hilarious! Josie loved R's rendition of Happy Birthday:) We actually watched it 4 times in row and she giggled every time. Very sweet video, and I'm sure your dad loved it!
I LOVE how long and beautiful Rebekah's hair looks in that last photo! I didn't realize it was soo long!
On the nap thing... it took Elizabeth honestly 6 weeks to adjust to one nap. The were some days of 2 and some of 1 and finally I went to one and just let her be fussy for about a week and her body figured it out! Praying for the transition!
Post a Comment