A few snapshots of some sweet moments...
Rebes being herself...
Introducing...Luke the Fireman!
Playing with Lily at Lily's house in a tent. They were "sleeping," and Lily was insistent that Baby Callum and Luke (who were not making a peep) be quiet so they could sleep. Kate was wishing that Lily would apply that principle in the hallway when Callum is sleeping.
Rebekah was desperate to wear my tying-shirt thing...
Josh went to a last-minute conference in St. Andrew's on Friday, which gave the kids and me an excuse to ride the bus and hit McDonald's. Rebekah was giddy all day, just thinking about the adventure.
Luke rode in his stroller and drank milk and laughed at Rebekah.
He also discovered ketchup. Dang it. After devouring half of my fries, he signed "more," said "muh-muh-muh-muh," and pointed at other people's fries to the extent that they almost sacrificed their own for this hungry hippo. Looking at those cheeks, I'd say he hasn't missed too many meals.
The DESK!!!! You may recall that we bought an art table for Rebekah for her birthday a long time ago...we just never gave it to her. I just couldn't figure out where to put it- didn't want it on carpet if there would be paint, etc...didn't want Luke eating everything on the table...didn't have room in the kitchen. Nevertheless, I was so excited about this gift when I bought it at the last NCT sale (yes, in March), that I decided in the words of Tim Gunn, "to make it work." So, I barely had it out of the basement before Rebekah spotted it in its pink glory and begged to know what it was. I told her it was a present for her...a desk! She said, "A desk?! Just like YOU have a desk, Mommy?! And it's PINK?! Can we put it in MY room?!" In fact, yes, that's exactly where it's going! So, she immediately grabbed her cash register, which doubles as a computer, and started "to work." She has pencils and erasers, and tons of itty bitty papers and she just loves it.
I had to run out several times yesterday for the NCT sale, and to my delight, this was what I returned to: a carpet picnic with Daddy. There is NOTHING that warms my heart more than seeing my man playing with our kids. Rebekah was LOVING it! Notice that she is on a wash cloth...she had Josh set up on a blanket too and lots of toy food. (Mom and Dad, she is also wearing her Dallas Zoo t-shirt, which she proudly showed our neighbor, Mr. Jim, who graciously calls her Bekah G, which I love. Poor man gets hounded by our girl. She literally hangs over our wall to peer in his kitchen to see if he's there, calling "Mr. Jim!" repeatedly, to which he may or may not respond, regardless of which Rebekah begins her litany of things he must see, such as her polished toe nails or new shoes or Dallas Zoo t-shirt.)



2 comments:
Who doesn't dread the day when their child learns to "dip?" At least it sounds like he eats the fries too. Sylvia just likes the "dip" off and goes back for more...like it's a spoon.
What fun photos! I love R's enthusiasm!! So glad she finally got her art table and obviously loves it!
Post a Comment