Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Bits and bobs

I just dug this relaxed little buddy, catching some Veggie Tales...it's like he is one with the couch. Cool thing is that he can back off the couch now and down the stairs- he still falls here and there- mostly when I leave them downstairs to watch a movie while I work out upstairs...usually he just needs a little Mama attention and is right as rain again.

Also loving his preference for utensils. Last night he wouldn't touch his pea soup- until I gave him a spoon of his own. he chowed down. :) Luke has always been pretty dexterous. This is where I think I shine as a mom :)- I am totally okay with messes- I always tell Josh, "It's just part of being a kid." You will RARELY hear me say no b/c something is too messy. That's what the washer is for. I apologize for the implications for hand-me-downs. (Becky- notice the shirt- we love it!!! (It's the My Aunt Rocks!!))

Rebekah has taken her "I'm a mommy, too" feelings pretty seriously. She now pushes Mickie (or Madeline) in the stroller on our walks. She is a pro- she can snap the lever down in the back with her foot, and she knows just when to pop up the front wheels for a curb. She was also quite proud of this outfit- she picked out the whole thing, dressed herself entirely, and just bounced down the stairs in it, beaming. I am amazed at her ability to match colors.

I am also impressed with her ingenuity and resourcefulness. She has stacked our trashcan on top of the stool to get to her stickers.

Just thought he was cute.

The kids were chasing each other- Luke LOVES crawling this paved perimeter.

I just thought these were pretty.

And....Josh just sent in his Master's dissertation!!! He is almost an official Master Master!

6 comments:

Nana Phyllis said...

YEAH kids, YEAH Josh, YEAH you for being such a great MOM. Love the pics and explanations. Give the master master a big kiss from his mom.

The Magsigs said...

Congrats to Josh...and you of course!

Geer Family said...

You won't believe this..ok maybe you will...but the paragraph about Luke being dexterous and you with messes is something I could have written about D and myself! D refuses to let us feed him. Ana (our maid) is very impressed that D can use utensils. But we talked about it more and dominicans just don't give their kids the opportunity that young...they assume A still takes a bottle at night!

Andrea G. said...

Love the purple outfit with the purple shoes by the purple flowers!

I am very impressed you can work out while they watch a movie! That is wonderful!!!

Mary said...

Really impressed with the pea soup. And really humbled by your carefree attitude toward feeding the kids/letting them feed themselves. I'm guilty of wanting them to use their hands so it's not as messy...And I'm a messy person! You'd think my husband would be the one saying, "No not spaghetti!!"

Joy said...

your kids are so cute! congrats on josh being one step closer to phd!